GoDuBois.com

Fruit trees

steelnut

Another question....we've had great luck with our pear trees over the years and last year we even had tons of peaches, I was totally shocked! They were small, but so good.

The thing is that even though we've had great luck with the pears, there are always a few branches of the trees that turn black. Anyone else have this happen and if so what is it?

Hubby has trimmed those branches off, but we can't figure out what is causing it to happen.

we have a cherry tree that hasn't leafed out yet, and it is not dead, limbs are very plyable. don't know what the problem is  :-/

We tried cherry trees twice, but no luck, just like with the apple trees and plum trees. We seem to only do well with the pears and last year those wonderful peaches.  :)

If it is a very old tree it may have just lived out its life span, but if it's a younger one odds are it isn't going to come back.  It should definitely have shown some signs of leaves by now.  

Ours didn't have any fruit this year because of the late hard frost but the people right across the road. higher up on the hill have a lot.  Last year we had so many cherries that we asked people to come and pick.  I still have a few bags in the freezer.  I was using them like crazy trying to make room for this year's fruit.  It's a good thing I didn't get them all used.  Hubby wants his Cherry pie! :-)

Our trees had it to the point that the trees all died but they were planted in an area where the frost and humidity pockets.  So much for not knowing what I was doing when we planted all those trees!

OUr trees seem to get fruit every other year. We had a good crop last year, and I am happy to say that both trees are looking good for this year! i really thought the would have gotten hit by the frost, but because they are close to the woods, I think they stayed shaded in the A.M. Yay!!