GoDuBois.com

Lily's

Guest curwensville

Guest curwensville

These are what I have so far. The asiatic lilies are producing new ones this year so now I have to make more raised beds. I'm looking for some red and yellow raspberry plants if you have any and want to trade for asiatic lily's let me know.

lily_collection_7610.jpg

I have the orange ones and the double flower ones. I'm just getting my flower beds to really bloom this year. So I want to add more for next year. I have no idea what they're called but they are pretty.  I like all of the ones you have but the ones in the last row are really pretty

Guest madre

Are those on the bottom calla or canna?  I always get them mixed up!  How do you keep them in this climate?  Thought they were for warmer zones?  I've always wanted some, just thought I would kill them right away  :-/

Guest madre

So the callas will survive up here?  Oooohhhh....I'd better get some!  They're so pretty.  

Last Fall we divided a large grouping of beautiful gold/orange lillies and lined them up along our split rail fence out back.  They all decided to come up so I am really excited to see if they bloom.  Should look really good in a couple of years.  

Guest curwensville

[justify]Row #1 Asiatic Blackout Lily, Oriental Lily Casablanca, Yellow Tiger Lily,  Stargazer Lily.

Row #2 Asiatic Lily-Navona, Asiatic Suncrest Lily, Oriental Lily Xotica, Oriental Lily Willeke Alberti.

Row #3 Tiger Lily, Lemon-Lily, Stella de Oro, Pink Rain Fairy Lily.

Row #4 Oriental Lily Dizzy, Rose Calla LILY, Royal Calla Lily, Peacock Iris Orchard Lily.[/justify]

lily_collection_392.jpg

Guest curwensville

This will be the first year for the calla lily's I'm going to try and cover them with mulch at the end of the season. If they don't make it I will try digging them up and storing them in the basement for the winter. This I don't like doing.

Are those on the bottom calla or canna?  I always get them mixed up!  How do you keep them in this climate?  Thought they were for warmer zones?  I've always wanted some, just thought I would kill them right away  :-/

This will be the first year for the calla lily's I'm going to try and cover them with mulch at the end of the season. If they don't make it I will try digging them up and storing them in the basement for the winter. This I don't like doing.

Gorgeous!

I really think you are going to have to dig up and store the callas. They are only hardy to zone 7 and are pretty much used as a pot plant around here. Let me know how they do in the ground. I have some stored and get tired of putting them in pots.

Those peacock lilies are supposedly not hardy either. I misplaced a bunch of them in the basement one year but prior to that they grew fairly well considering my lousy soil. Let us know about that one too.

You never know about these things. I had pineapple lilies that I forgot come back after a mild winter but they disappeared the next year.

Guest snellma

the two middle ones are calla lily's. canna's are tropical, you must plant them every year.

I guess it all depends on where you live because I have them and they come up every year.

I've got an Asiatic lily that is almost 5 feet tall and is a very pale orange. If it ever had a tag I've managed to lose it. It is one of my favorites. If any one has a clue as to what it is called I'd appreciate knowing.

Guest curwensville

Thanks jettavwdrvr,

Your lily very is nice. It looks like the Stargazers I have. I wonder if they are the same and some call them another name.

Very nice lilies, curwensville.

Here's a picture of my Starfighter lily that bloomed last year.  I expect it should bloom later in June this year.

Posted Image