GoDuBois.com

Gloriosa Daisy's anyone?

Does anyone have any that they would like to sell?

I just got into perennials a couple of years ago and have been planting like mad ever since.

I'm a lily and daisy nut. Spring is my favorite time of year, I love to see everything coming to life. My Gloriosa's were so beautiful!!! For the last few weeks, I've been watching for my Gloriosa's to wake up. Nothing. So I googled them only to find out that they are a short lived perennial! I've called around to some local places and no one seems to have them.

I haven't been on-line a whole lot lately, so I missed the plant sale or I would have definitely been there to see if they had any.

Does anyone have any for sale or have any suggestions?

Thank you.

They are very hardy around here so you may want to quickly order some seed if you cannot get the plants.  You could spread them in an area and possibly get plants to transplantto other beds.

Switch to black-eyed Susans. They are a near relative and never fail to come back. I've never known Gloriosas to reseed themselves here.  It also takes two years for them to bloom from seed and as you pointed out they often don't last longer than that.

They are very hardy around here so you may want to quickly order some seed if you cannot get the plants.  You could spread them in an area and possibly get plants to transplantto other beds.

I've looked for seeds all over the place locally, I'll have to check on-line, thanks for the suggestion!

Switch to black-eyed Susans. They are a near relative and never fail to come back. I've never known Gloriosas to reseed themselves here.  It also takes two years for them to bloom from seed and as you pointed out they often don't last longer than that.

I have some black-eyed Susans, but to me, they just don't cut it compared to the Gloriosa's, they're just so beautiful!