GoDuBois.com

Black eyed susan vine

Alysia77

No, I planted a whole bunch of seeds in a big pot and only a few actually came up but I think I probably planted them too late!! I have never tried to grow any of my flowers from seeds, I have always just bought them. This was my first try and I learned a lesson!

No, I planted a whole bunch of seeds in a big pot and only a few actually came up but I think I probably planted them too late!! I have never tried to grow any of my flowers from seeds, I have always just bought them. This was my first try and I learned a lesson!

When did you plant them? What type of soil or potting mix did you use? If you used a potting mix with fertilizers in it, it will burn the young seeds/sprouts. I use a seed starter soil or soil from my garden. I also learned if you want nice plants by Memorial Day you had better of started them in April. Lol, it's a trial & error hobby. Keep notes on what you planted, when you planted, and where you got the seeds. This will help you remember how the seeds grew, if you had any problems with them, & if you would ever want to buy them again.

Online has lots of info for our area of what will/will not grow around here. Also both garden clubs in the DuBois/Sandy twp have good advise and will answer any questions to might have about any plant. Even us who don't belong to any group are willing to answer questions or help you out!!

You can also call a Master Gardener about ANY gardening problem, even trees and lawn, insects, soil problems.

We need questions for our Apprentices to sharpen their skills on.  Please call.  849-7361.  The secretary will take a little information and refer your call to one of our Master Gardeners.  You will receive university researched information by phone, in print and on the internet.

How's that for free?