GoDuBois.com

My container garden, so to speak

Since Petee shared a picture, I thought I'd share a picture of my sun room / container garden. My house has a breakfast nook off the kitchen, behind french doors. There are no A/C vents in the room, so if I keep the doors closed, it gets nice and steamy, thanks to the South Carolina heat. The sun also shines very brightly in the room. We found ourselves not eating in the room at all (since we having a dining room), so I decided to turn it into my own sun room where I can (try to) grow some "exotic" or tropical plants, and bring in my outside plants during the winter.  I am growing Hawaiian plumeria from a small stalk and they are thriving outside in the SC heat.

Anywyay, I digress.

Here's a pic of my sun room.  Going left to right: calla lilly (that isn't blooming), Christmas cactus behind the lilly, begonia (anyone know what kind??), bleeding heart and then some things I either need to repot or plant outside.

Posted Image

I am steadily adding more things to the room since I have space for it.

Guest snellma

I can't seem to keep things alive inside the house. I guess because I forget to water them enough, and the winter is so dry with the heat running. Maybe someday.... lol

It helps if you set out some pans of water in places where they won't get bumped or kicked to help add moisture back into the air.