GoDuBois.com

Passion Flower

ambrch

My daylilies are "leaping". Prairie Blue Eyes which was just a start a couple of years age has a bunch of flowers. I also found a raspberry and wine colored one that I have no idea where I got. Most of the specially bred ones that we were given are starting to bloom. They will be fabulous next year. The pink double from Bluestone Perennials is also blooming. It is pretty but not near as ruffly as the old orange double that I have. It is more like a triple or quadruple.

I divided some of my tetraploids and the new ones are flowering better than the old clumps.

I'm convinced that you can get as many flowers on a 3 year old daylily as you can in a big clump. I think they love to be divided.

I just love lilies and Stella's are my favorite. I have some other day lilies that are blooming and they're just beautiful! I'm just getting into the perrenials and when I planted a bunch of them last year, I had no idea what colors they would be, but everything is looking great.

Question, I also love tulips, I know they don't bloom very long, but I love them. Right now, I have these dead looking stalks sticking out of the ground, should I pull them out or just let them go?

When the foliage finally withers on any spring bulbs, just clean it up and discard it.  Leaving it in the garden can carry over diseases.  Also, be sure to cut back your Irises in the fall when they start to dry up.  The old foliage on those can carry over pests like Iris Borers.

Tulips are done now so you can cut but my daffs are still growing. I won't cut them until they are completely brown. I wish they would quit growing they spoil the looks of the bed.

I got my hands on a red eyed Stella last week. Can you wait a couple of years?