GoDuBois.com

Question???

We're   still  doing  landscaping, so I'm  still planting  flowers  and everything looks  beautiful!

But, I  have a  question  about  planting  grapes,  blueberries,  gooseberries, red  raspberries...  Do  I have to  plant two  of each?  I know  when  we  planted our  fruit  trees,  way   back,  I   was told  that  I had  to  plant  at  least  two  of  each  for  pollination.

Thanks in  advance.

And  don't  mind  my  misjointed  typing.  My  wireless  keyboard  has   decided  to  double and  triple  space   everything  and  I can't  seem to fix it!!!

Guest snellma

I think blueberris and raspberries have to have cross pollination.   Not sure about the other two.

Gooseberries are self pollinating. Most grapes are too but not all. Raspberries and blueberries depend on the cultivar. Some are self pollinating and some are not. Cross pollination often results in bigger crops than self pollination.

To cross pollinate you can't just plant two of the same variety like two red delicious apple trees. You would plant one red delicious and one yellow delicious. See?