GoDuBois.com

yard turning to moss

Moss appears where there is moist conditions usually from poor drainage or in areas that are damp and get little sun. It indicates poor fertility of the soil. If you improve the fertility of the soil the moss might just disappear. They first step would be to try a high nitrogen fertilizer this spring. If that doesn't work you could try adding some compost or other material that might improve the drainage of the soil. Trimming branches to allow more sun to reach the area might help.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest snellma

My yard isn't turning into moss but it is turning into a huge swimming hole with all the rain we have been having.  I am NOT complaining - we really needed the rain.  I am especially liking it because I haven't had to water my garden either.  It is supposed to be close to 80 for the next couple of days so with the rain and warm weather my veggies should really be taking off.  I can't wait.

Guest snellma

A lot of places have wells they use for watering their lawns.  Our house has one but we don't know if our pump is any good.  We have talked about putting in a sprinkler system in the back yard to run from the well.  We don't know how big our well is but we know there is about 11 ft. of water in it.  Something we will look into down the road.