GoDuBois.com

Slimy...as promised

lavender

Here is Slimy the slime mold or at least that is what I think he is. He lives with Bulbo the ugly orchid as an uninvited guest. Usually, he lives on the bark or under it but this one decided to climb the side whatever reason slime molds climb. Maybe he is trying to escape and take over the world. Those branch-like things are part of him too. I'm not really up on the life cycle of slime molds and I don't suppose anyone cares anyway. I suspect they have something to do with reproduction so maybe this post is x-rated. 

I think I may give Bulbo the ugly orchid a new pretzel container and dump Slimy outside in some bark. I hope the cold doesn't kill him this winter.

slimy.jpg

They come in a number of different colors. I found out why they climb. Just before they get ready to reproduce the start oozing upward to find a drier and sunnier place. That is probably why you found one on the shed. They are not a fungus although that is how they were classified for a long time and what I learned eons ago. They are giving them intelligence tests. Got to read that study when I get the time. Maybe they are smarter than the average politician. 

They come in a number of different colors. I found out why they climb. Just before they get ready to reproduce the start oozing upward to find a drier and sunnier place. That is probably why you found one on the shed. They are not a fungus although that is how they were classified for a long time and what I learned eons ago. They are giving them intelligence tests. Got to read that study when I get the time. Maybe they are smarter than the average politician.

My most recent BM was smarter than the SMARTEST politician (and higher moral standards to boot!)