GoDuBois.com

Yellow Orchids

lavender

I love the yellow Phalaenopsis orchids. They are harder to grow than the more common white and pinks and don't bloom as well. They are a smaller more fragile plant but this year I've got quite a few of them blooming. Actually, the yellows die at a great rate.

The last is a yellow/ green with a rose center. As the blossoms age they turn white. You have two colored blooms on one plant. Next to last picture is the white version.

Fifth is light yellow.

Third has an orange lip.

Second is a yellow and white orchid.

The  first is a mini Phal. Its not yellow but it is cute.

Sorry, it put the pic in reverse order but I think I have them straight now.

The last one had a double flower stem as did the fourth. It was a good year for blooming orchids.

grn.jpg

wht.jpg

litspcnt.jpg

ornglip.jpg

yelwht.jpg

mini.jpg

I like the the greenish/yellow one that turns white. The orchids are growing better since I've been watering them more. Don't believe that business about them liking to grow dry. They are hard to keep watered when they are growing bark that the water runs straight through.

Paul did do a wonderful picture of one of our irises a couple of years ago.  I think he posted it here. It was a blue one that grows in the garden across from Harley-Davidson. My pictures are never quite in focus even with a camera that is probably smarter than I am.

really nice....I tried orchids....tried bonsai too...neither turned out well :(

I tried the bonsai also.. RIP, poor tree/shrub.

Orchids are to expensive of a plant for me to kill.

I have 2 peace lilies that my hubby wishes they would die. One was from his moms funeral & is huge!! The other I bought 3/4 yrs ago & is doing ok.

really nice....I tried orchids....tried bonsai too...neither turned out well :(

Friend of mine is going to try to grow plants on chicken wire frames. I don't know what you call it (topiary?) but I'm looking forward to seeing how it works. She says if she can get them to grow they will be going outside the library. If not there is always a dark corner in the basement to hide that stuff.

Peace lilies will die if you let them get very root bound. I really, really didn't want that plant from my friend's husband's funeral. It was depressing. I should have just put it out in the snow.

That's kinda what my hubby said. I don't have it downstairs where he can see it. I have it upstairs, it is doing really good.

Get more plants. Hubbies get so annoyed that they build you a greenhouse. Not being able to stop at one, they sometimes build you two. Anything to get those pesky plants out of the house. Plants take up surface area that hubby wants to cover with junk that should have a place in a drawer or cupboard. Dusting........mission impossible.