GoDuBois.com

This Years Peppers

Pappy

another bumper crop of peppers including Ghost peppers. seems my most productive plants are always the hot peppers. I had a few plants with over 30 on each plant and lots of buds for more. They were also tall. At least 42" tall for a lot of them and the taller ones broke from the weight and fell over.

IMG_7496.JPG

IMG_7499.JPG

IMG_7497.JPG

I did spread them out more this year so that may be why they grew taller I don't know. Petee when the deer used to come and eat the tops of my plants off they did grow a lot also. If they hadn't been greedy and started eating the whole plant I might not have put a fence up.

I would pinch them off and thought about it this year but then said what the heck just let them grow. That's what I do too. Other than water them occasionally not as much as they should have been and maybe thats why the plants grew so tall all the heat and not  alot of water so the plants grew but the peppers waited for the rain haha either way I have lots

. I really need to focus on planting more non hot peppers though. They did well also as you can see. My wife made stuffed peppers the other day and froze a lot for later consumption. :P

I scaled back this year and only planted between 50 and 75 I can't remember the one year I planted 144 pepper plants because I miscounted and was in heaven throwing the flats on the cart :yahoo:

IMG_7502.JPG

IMG_7503.JPG