GoDuBois.com

Neighbors?

Petee

7 minutes ago, Deer Runner said:

Illiterate- Some of your posts look like  "conversational bullying". I.e.: Name calling; hidden and direct presuppositions of others intentions without evidence; mischaracterizing words; off-topic accusations. However, you have a rich vocabulary and your quick-witted use of metaphors is impressive.

Don't forget an ample sprinklings of sarcasm, innuendo, double entendre, generalized charcterizations, open ended statements, obliqueness, misdierection, leading statements, and probably a few others.

Now, this most likely evolved due to my visceral response to your debate offer.

Really have to ask your self why the offer to debate.  Would you want debate if I stated I was Jewish?  Buddhist?  Muslim? Hellenist?  Then you must examine your motivation for wanting to debate. 

I am sure some version of Fed in the multiverse would be insulted.  Just not this one.

26 minutes ago, Illiterate said:

Don't forget an ample sprinklings of sarcasm, innuendo, double entendre, generalized charcterizations, open ended statements, obliqueness, misdierection, leading statements, and probably a few others.

Now, this most likely evolved due to my visceral response to your debate offer.

Really have to ask your self why the offer to debate.  Would you want debate if I stated I was Jewish?  Buddhist?  Muslim? Hellenist?  Then you must examine your motivation for wanting to debate. 

I am sure some version of Fed in the multiverse would be insulted.  Just not this one.

I was baptized and confirmed into the Catholic Church, and I graduated from a Catholic school. I had the same or similar passion behind my Catholic faith, and I was well informed, and firmly believed in and defended the doctrines. This was until I started to objectively examine the history behind and the level of evidence supporting both Catholicism and Christianity. When you shared with us that you are Catholic, I was looking to share the exceedingly wonderful news of the God's redemption with either you or an onlooker while relating to your experience.  Why do that in debate style? Cuz debating is fun! 

53 minutes ago, Deer Runner said:

I was baptized and confirmed into the Catholic Church, and I graduated from a Catholic school. I had the same or similar passion behind my Catholic faith, and I was well informed, and firmly believed in and defended the doctrines. This was until I started to objectively examine the history behind and the level of evidence supporting both Catholicism and Christianity. When you shared with us that you are Catholic, I was looking to share the exceedingly wonderful news of the God's redemption with either you or an onlooker while relating to your experience.  Why do that in debate style? Cuz debating is fun! 

Hearing your reasons or rationales for breaking away from the Catholic Church is of little interest to me.   It might be interesting for you to discuss the root causes of your disillusionment with the Catholic faith.  Catholics do not generally do well on making its teachings relevant.  Either it is poor instruction or the students is not receptive.

So, as a former Catholic, you should already know the tenets of the faith.  There really is no debate.  You have simply chosen not to follow them as I have chosen to follow.  I have no reason to defend my beliefs.

18 hours ago, Deer Runner said:

Illiterate- Some of your posts look like  "conversational bullying". I.e.: Name calling; hidden and direct presuppositions of others intentions without evidence; mischaracterizing words; off-topic accusations. However, you have a rich vocabulary and your quick-witted use of metaphors is impressive.

I have no problem with his delivery. I find a lot of what he says funny like calling ME a pot stirrer.