GoDuBois.com

Firemen Memorial Flags

Seadog

My beloved brother Mike was a DuBois City Fireman. Unfortunately, he passed away in 1996. It was very important to my parents that his grave had a new Firemen Memorial Flag on his grave every year to acknowledge his service. I thought that each Hose Company did this, however, did not realize that only one or two in the city do. It was apparently my parents that, even in their senior years, did so. They both died in 2019. Does anyone know a good source for these flags? My brother's grave has been cared for. I just would like to keep acknowledging his service while also caring for as many others as I can that have a similar situation. To buy as many as I think I will need, the sources I found on internet were quite expensive. I keep thinking of my Mom before she died when I would take her through the cemetery in my car. She had lost most of her mobility, and the tears in her eyes broke my heart.

I wonder if the company that does the Veterans flags could help you.  I remember purchasing a veterans flag in memory of my grandfather awhile back.  The lady in charge of the flag ordering, etc., was a lady named Lisa who ran the Farmer's Insurance Office in DuBois, PA.  Not State Farm, but Farmer's.  814-581-4147

Thank you Polo. I'm just figuring since it meant so much to my parents and means so much to me, there are lots of people that served our community that they and their families deserve what I can do to acknowledge their service.

2 hours ago, Seadog said:

Thank you Polo. I'm just figuring since it meant so much to my parents and means so much to me, there are lots of people that served our community that they and their families deserve what I can do to acknowledge their service.

There are flags specifically for this purpose on Amazon.  They could be embroidered by a local firm to be specific to the fire company they supported.  I suppose this could be a donation from the fire company they served when they died, but someone would have to organize it.

image.png