GoDuBois.com

Local Cat TNR Clinic needed!

Petee

I had no idea how expensive and how long it takes to get a vet appointment to have Spaying and Neutering done till we adopted a young female cat this past Wednesday.  She was dropped off where I work as a stray.  Hubby loved her immediately as she is very friendly and such a lovely girl.  Our one outdoor/woodshop cat is probably feral as she just showed up here at our house years ago being very skittish and unfriendly.  She only allows us to pet her.  The other is our grandson's cat which he got as a kitten when his Dad lived here.  It's a Maine Coon cross and he is very independent and also stand offish unless he wants something.  The new one (now christened Rosie) of course must be spayed asap.  She is in quarantine till it's safe to let her outside alone during the day.  So I started the search to find an appointment that we can afford.  I got dates clear out to the end of May and prices that would make anyone reconsider adopting a cat and it's everywhere! I called all over our local vets for info and was just simply shocked!  With a cat population out of control, I would imagine someone locally is doing something, but where?

Today I found a clinic in Ridgway that is apparently done every month.  Bravo!  I wonder if our area could carry out such an event on a regular basis?  Does anyone know of any clinics that happen locally?  I would be tickled to help out on a regular basis and have friends who said the same thing.  Fundraisers would probably make it easier to get it done also.

Help?

Punxsy Animal Hospital used to have one monthly, but unfortunately the veterinarian passed away very unexpectedly in January 2024 at the age of 45(ish).  You may want to try Allegheny Spay & Neuter in Woodland, or talk to someone with DuBois' Purrfect Paws--they have occasionally "sold" spots they had reserved for their fosters if they didn't have enough cats/kittens for those spots.  I think there is also one in the Kittanning area as well: Frankie's Friends. 

Thanks for giving a critter a home.     

On 4/23/2024 at 5:35 PM, disgruntled said:

Punxsy Animal Hospital used to have one monthly, but unfortunately the veterinarian passed away very unexpectedly in January 2024 at the age of 45(ish).  You may want to try Allegheny Spay & Neuter in Woodland, or talk to someone with DuBois' Purrfect Paws--they have occasionally "sold" spots they had reserved for their fosters if they didn't have enough cats/kittens for those spots.  I think there is also one in the Kittanning area as well: Frankie's Friends. 

Thanks for giving a critter a home.     

Just got word on one in Brookville on May 16.  Mine is finally scheduled!  Yay!  Then we can let her out of the woodshop to enjoy her life.

image.png

6 minutes ago, Petee said:

Just got word on one in Brookville on May 16.  Mine is finally scheduled!  Yay!  Then we can let her out of the woodshop to enjoy her life.

image.png

If anyone would like to help the Paradise lady to get more of those neutered, then please send any donations to clarionpawsinfo@gmail.com.  Just out on the check that it is for the Paradise Cat Lady! If anyone wants her correct name, then go ahead and send me an e-mail at gardenladyx@gmail.com or call me at 814-590-9010.

If anyone would be willing to send a donation for the lady in Paradise, she has about 20 cats left to get neutered.  She's short on groceries and her car is on its last legs.  She catches them, gets them neutered as she has money, then releases them on her property.  

You could send the money to clarionpawsinfo@gmail.com   Mark it for the Paradise Cat Lady and they will call her to schedule more cats.

On 4/26/2024 at 9:12 PM, Petee said:

image.png

I just saw this topic tonight. As I was reading down through I was going to suggest the vet in Brookville to you. I am not sure if you are talking about North Fork Veterinary Clinic or Brookville Veterinary Hospital. We use North Fork now and that is where we got our stray cat neutered. Both are great clinics.

Just amazes me at the callousness of people who drop animals off like this. There needs to better communication to people that they can take an animal to a shelter rather than drop them off in the woods or at the end of a dead end street. They will not get in trouble by taking them to a shelter but will by abandoning them.

If they cannot take them they will let you know. I know in my case there were several cats dropped off by a red side by side at the end of our road from what the neighbor down there said. He heard the machine and her a lady yelling get out get out. He saw the cats  around when he went to investigate but being an elderly gentleman there was no trying to catch them. Ours just happened to make it back down the road and my granddaughter fed it her pizza she was eating. Long story a bit shorter and he stuck around and made an impression on me and now Tiger has a permanent home.

He is more like a dog though haha. He will follow me around the yard and when I call his name he comes running each and every time.