GoDuBois.com

14 Reasons You Should Not Raise Guinea Fowl

Petee

We raised 10 ourselves and the writer is soooooo right on so many of his/her reasons for not. Once you open the coop the first time, virtually impossible to get them back in. Ours all ended up becoming food to other animals and the neighbor who would set his dogs and kids out to hunt them when they left our property....which the writer says happens a lot. It was fun while they were chicks but as they grew were very very noisy and annoying. Never again. Was my MIL's idea, but since I was a "farm chick/hillbilly" I got stuck with them in my basement for months. :(

The farm we got LC from has guinea hens. Loud, omg!!! you can never sneak up on anyone who has them. I don't know if I would consider the place a farm, the guy raises Arabian Horses, has lots of cats, the hens and a couple of dogs.

We never worry about getting any ticks on us when we go there, and LC didn't have any one her either.

My neighbors would hire a hit man.......for me!  However, the chickens are coming regardless this summer!

Even in Sandy Township it all depends on who your neighbors are.  Some are country people and see the value of livestock and others shriek if they see poop from 100 yards away.  Mine will be fenced in with a nice safe little movable coop because we have big dogs who would probably want to play with them.  A 5 pound chicken can't play nicely with a 70 pound dog.  We also have coyotes, neighbor dogs, foxes and DEER!, etc,  :angry:   Then in the second fall they will become dinner!  I think we will have 4.