GoDuBois.com

a few flower pics

Bon

Nice! Is that rose Peace? I've never had any luck with the hybrid teas. What do you do?

not a clue what the name of the rose is. It was given to us in memory of my hubby's brother. I don't do anything to them. Cut it down to 6 inches in the fall, don't mulch it, cover it or anything. It probably shouldn't be trimmed down that much, but I want it kept small. It is out in the brutal winter weather bare. In the spring and summer, I give it some super bloom ... when I remember.

not a clue what the name of the rose is. It was given to us in memory of my hubby's brother. I don't do anything to them. Cut it down to 6 inches in the fall, don't mulch it, cover it or anything. It probably shouldn't be trimmed down that much, but I want it kept small. It is out in the brutal winter weather bare. In the spring and summer, I give it some super bloom ... when I remember.

Maybe that is my problem. I can't bring myself to cut anything back.

Beautiful pictures Bon, thanks for sharing!

My beds are looking great, I am so glad that I got into perrenials a few years ago and I just wanted

to say thanks to all of you who have helped me out, answering questions, giving opinions, etc. It has been so worth it.

Our neighbors are always telling us how beautiful our flowere beds are. Without everyone's help and advice, I don't know what I would have ended up with!  :)

Just a couple pictures from my backyard.....the first are a couple of iris's from my front garden...the rest are backyard......1 is the bird feeder corner filled with feeders and flowers....1 is the rock/flower garden....the last 2 pictures are of flowers in 1 bed, would like to know what they are called...... :)

another_iris_shot_9294.jpg

pretty_iriss_992.jpg

bird_feeders_and_flowers_7361.jpg

the_rockflower_bed_366.jpg

what_are_they_3136.jpg

The last one is spiderwort or Trandescantia.  It looks to be one of the hybrids as the heirloom ones are purple and floppy.

The red one looks like rose campion. I don't think that is attached to the leaves that are below it is it? It has a grayish, sort of fuzzy leaf.

The last one is spiderwort or Trandescantia.  It looks to be one of the hybrids as the heirloom ones are purple and floppy.

The red one looks like rose campion. I don't think that is attached to the leaves that are below it is it? It has a grayish, sort of fuzzy leaf.

the second one does have a gray fuzzy leaf.....

I didnt realize the spiderwort spread so much....but I like it, will just have to keep after it to keep it from spreading

• 2 months later...