GoDuBois.com

a few flower pics

Bon

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not much of a photographer and this was taken at night which is when it blooms. It is an evening primrose.  It doesn't look like much in the daytime but is spectacular at night. The original plant came from Gary Stormer and I always think what a great person he was when I see it bloom.

evening_primrose_7212.jpg

• 8 months later...

Great pictures! Wish I could get a decent picture. Is that last one some sort of a pink azalea? I had a woman ask me for a pink honeysuckle but what she was describing sounded more like what you have. She said it is blooming now and there were a lot of them around. I thought she meant those semi-wild honeysuckle but they don't have much of an odor.

Pinxster is a wild azalea that I wish I could find commercially so I could buy one for my wildflower bed.  I may have to resort to a mail order nursery.

The wild ones have thinner foliage and they smell heavenly unless they are growing out in the sun and stressed.  Too many people take them from the woods and put them in a hot sunny environment.  We are also at the northernmost edge of their habitat and they are dying out.  Luckily the government didn't choose it a the state flower, but then our Mountain Laurel is under stress too from the warmer temperatures.  

http://www.hiltonpond.org/thisweek020408.html