GoDuBois.com

WCED AM Memorabilia?

jonlh64

Does anyone know if any pictures, air checks, fliers, posters, equipment, etc. still exist from when WCED was in it's heyday? (1941 - prior to being bought out, not sure of date..)  It would be nice to preserve any history that could be found that is associated with WCED.

• 6 months later...

Charlie moore worked for WCED then went to WDBA where my mother worked for 30 years, he was as nice off the air as on, He used to always have little box's of Candy from Shenkles Phar on hand it seemed! I"m sure my mother has that book, but i'm not so sure I ever read it.. was pretty young when it came out but I may have to ask to look at it now!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

My dad did some side work for them at their two  transmitters in the late 70's. I haven't been to either one in years but their transmitter in Luthersburg has ( had ) their call letters above the front door . . . Rather large, I remember ! Might be worth looking into to see if the current owners would let someone ( maybe the Historical Society ) scout through the buildings ! the WCED FM letters would look great on a wall in the Hist. Society !

I read this book, I borrowed it from the library. He was comical on the radio, I remember my gram and great gram listening to him faithfully when I was young. Interresting book too. I still can here his voice on the radio... deja voo!!!

You know someone's work is good when you can call it up to hear again plain as day in your head years later. Good for you!