GoDuBois.com

What are those purple grasses?

Smokefree

I've got one of those in my 1 foot wide, porch length flower box. The wife got it when the mini Japanese spruce we had there outgrew the spot. I topped it and cut some side stems off this year because it goes nuts and had to steak it up before. When the rain soaks it, it lays down all over...probably not a good spot for it, but it will stay there until it dies. I see from the pic I'm gonna have to cut some side shoots again...it trys to spread, but I won't let it. ;D

Just took the pic with my cellphone and guess what...it's raining AGAIN!  >:(

I think there are some of them in our plant collection that we have at the Farmer's market. I'm not sure how many there are but I can always get you some more. Bon is right unless you have a large area to plant them the regular sized ones are a handful. I'd like some of the smaller ones for the Brady Street lot planting if anyone finds them locally. They like good drainage and will grow in dry soil. Heavy clay does them in. I've tried a couple of times in my yard and they die every time.

Guest marbek

I've been telling my hubby I want some of these for about 2 weeks now. I think they are really well liked, but not too many people have them.

THe ones at the POA office are always covered with bees...  THey are so pretty though!

Yah, if you have a problem with bees being around, you definetly don't want one of them. Mine has bumble bees swarming at it all the time...made it hard to trim it up the other day.

Yah, if you have a problem with bees being around, you definetly don't want one of them. Mine has bumble bees swarming at it all the time...made it hard to trim it up the other day.

ya shouldn't trim it till fall!!! cut it back to about 6-8 inches high  ;)

Where can I buy them?

amost any garden shop. heck, they should be going on clearance soon if not already. I got mine at My Garden in Brookville, but that was about 10 yrs ago. I know the valley rainbow sells them, also lowes.