GoDuBois.com

pics of my flowers

Bon

Guest snellma

You just had to show me the lilacs, didn't you!!!  I wish I could smell them through the computer.

Very nice.

Gorgeous!  What is the flower in the first photo with white flowers?

That is a white bleeding heart. I got it about 10 years ago at Wal-Mart. Haven't seen any since.

I've got a white one but that fern leaf one is less than common. I've tried to grow the pink pink fern leafs with no success. I've never even seen a white one other than in pictures. I wonder if they need better drainage than the regular ones?

Guest Tracy96

Beautiful pics.  Thanks for sharing.  Love the one w/the bird at the bird feeder.  Also the color in the lilac pics is beautiful!  

Yes thats it wild columbine!!!  It has been bugging me...I know what tulips and bleeding hearts are...I have a few more I will post some pics later. This is our second summer in our new house and there are a few more flowers that I just don't know what they are. But they are very pretty!

I miss a bouquet of lilacs. I always cut a bouquet from a field in the neighborhood, but new owners  just built on the land and they dozed the bushes.

Can anyone identify the bird at the feeder? My feeders have been visited by a lot of different birds this spring. That was one of them.

It's hard to determine it's size from the picture - but it's either a male Downy Woodpecker or a male Hairy Woodpecker.  Downy Woodpeckers are smaller than the Hairy and have a short stubby bill.  If that's a large suet cake - I'd say it's a Hairy.  

Guest snellma

Why can't I see pictures anymore? I didn't change any settings.

Did you click on her link?  I just looked at them this afternoon.

Oh! Duh! I'm in the wrong thread. I thought Paul's tulip disappeared and there were pictures of birds posted that I couldn't see. Thanks for the reality check, Snellma.

I think the red bush might be the flowering quince that VP is talking about.

yes, it's a quince. Also that suet is the large one...they last longer and the birds seem to enjoy it better then the greasy ones. mr woodpecker is at the feeder all the time.