GoDuBois.com

Brookville Theater

Does anyone have any old photos or can provide info on the old theater in Brookville?   It was located up the alley behind the old Harmon's Music Shop(now something else).   I remember going to it 2-3 times when I was a kid in the '70s, parking on Main St, the walking up the alley to a door from the alley.   I have foggy images in my head of the interior - snack counter to the right, a short set of steps to seats on the left.

The front facing main street was how you entered the theatre, unfortunately I have no photo's but if you remember the liguor store was on the right and Jerry's pizza shop was next door. The rear doors were never used to my knowledge. I sure there are people out there with photo's good luck.

The theater had been closed for a while and Harmon's was in what used to be the lobby.  The theater was reopened for a short time in the '70's and the entry was at the rear door, on the alley.  It didn't stay open long, but I took my youngin's there to see the original Star Wars movie!

Also, I believe, the original Brookville theater was the only one in the US that one entered from behind the screen to be seated.

It was something, I loved it, that is all we had for so many years. Sad that it is gone now. I think the last we paid was 75 cents, remember the posters being posted along the side of the ticket window. We would always go for pizza next door when we went to the movies.

Thank you all!

Columbia Theater was probably it then by general consensus..   I saw Pinocchio, one of the Witch Mountain movies, and maybe a couple others there in the late '70s.   Those memories were starting to fade some, so I needed a refresh of the theater there.

Thanks again!