GoDuBois.com

Help for Fall Repairs

Petee

On 9/9/2023 at 10:18 PM, Petee said:

A local team of Amish workers is looking for Saturday jobs.  One day or several Saturdays in a row.  Call 814-481-3203 and leave a message.

I hope they get a lot of takers.  There are people needing things done, and can't find anyone because folks are inundated with their type of work right now.  I have observed their work over the years, and the ones I have seen work hard, and know their craft well.  They also work in adverse conditions.  I have a lot of respect for them.

That is absolutely true. We're having them come to do a couple of smaller jobs that we can't get anyone else to touch. 

We need the fan above the kitchen stove that was installed years ago when we remodeled the kitchen to actually go through the kitchen ceiling and up to wherever it's supposed to vent. It goes to the ceiling and just stops so I can't use it at all.  Every time I make hamburgers inside and really want to brown them, the whole living/kitchen area is filled with smoke and smells of beef for the entire day.

We also need an extension added to our wood stove chimney above the roof line to improve the draft.  I'm betting these guys know exactly how to do that.

There are lots more small jobs that hubby doesn't want to take on anymore at the age of 75, and since our son moved out, we have to hire everything done.  I hate leaving jobs unfinished because it's "too late in the year to do it now"!  

I'm going to keep these guys busy as long as my saved money holds out and smile all the way!