GoDuBois.com

Why do businesses do this

Pappy

Why do businesses even advertise when they do not want the business. Over the years I have had businesses call me back and some even coming out looking at the jobs and then never giving me quotes. In the past I have had house contractors either never calling me back or measuring the job and then never calling me back. It took me 5 contractors before I got the work done. One of those non call backs was an Amish guy. He was even doing a roof across the street but apparently could not walk the 30 or 40 feet to give me a quote. That project was for $40,000. 

This year I have talked to 3 different lawn care services.  One had given me a quote and told me 4 to 6 weeks he would do the work. That was June 5th. I have never heard from him again. I messaged another guy a couple weeks ago and he was supposed to call last week but never heard from him. Seems if they start getting to big they don't care about medium jobs anymore. I wanted some work done at my mother's.

I did have another job for a third contractor to give me a quote on another job at my home.  Now this was at my home and it is a fairly big job but haven't heard from him yet either. I do not want to call the other two because they haven't gotten back to me. 

Seems these businesses forget to do these smaller jobs and in the end they lose out on bigger jobs. 

I most likely will just try and hire some local kids for the medium size job and only have them just clear off the bank and forget about it being leveled out. 

1 hour ago, Gator11 said:

Why do businesses even advertise when they do not want the business. Over the years I have had businesses call me back and some even coming out looking at the jobs and then never giving me quotes. In the past I have had house contractors either never calling me back or measuring the job and then never calling me back. It took me 5 contractors before I got the work done. One of those non call backs was an Amish guy. He was even doing a roof across the street but apparently could not walk the 30 or 40 feet to give me a quote. That project was for $40,000. 

This year I have talked to 3 different lawn care services.  One had given me a quote and told me 4 to 6 weeks he would do the work. That was June 5th. I have never heard from him again. I messaged another guy a couple weeks ago and he was supposed to call last week but never heard from him. Seems if they start getting to big they don't care about medium jobs anymore. I wanted some work done at my mother's.

I did have another job for a third contractor to give me a quote on another job at my home.  Now this was at my home and it is a fairly big job but haven't heard from him yet either. I do not want to call the other two because they haven't gotten back to me. 

Seems these businesses forget to do these smaller jobs and in the end they lose out on bigger jobs. 

I most likely will just try and hire some local kids for the medium size job and only have them just clear off the bank and forget about it being leveled out. 

Hey Gator, don't move to Florida, these contractors invented the process you are talking about.

40 minutes ago, fedup said:

Hey Gator, don't move to Florida, these contractors invented the process you are talking about.

In North Carolina if someone mentions pig roast or steamed clams on a Wednesday then the jobs shut down and you won't see anyone until the next week.  I have also seen in Greensburg NC a contractor employee pull into a job to finish a building that was 8 months late sit there all day and at the end of the day get out cut one piece of soffit put it up and then leave. It was amazing the lack of work ethic he had. 

In all my years at Lezzers doing estimates this is what was ranked at one of my highest bitches. When a customer would come in looking for a recommendation and i would refer a few contractors and the customer would then call them and the contractor would never call back. If you're referred and don't want the job that's ok however give the customer the  common courtesy to let them know. If you don't have the decency to do that then don't bother advertising for work when you get a little slow. Because you've done it to yourselves.

3 hours ago, BillyC said:

In all my years at Lezzers doing estimates this is what was ranked at one of my highest bitches. When a customer would come in looking for a recommendation and i would refer a few contractors and the customer would then call them and the contractor would never call back. If you're referred and don't want the job that's ok however give the customer the  common courtesy to let them know. If you don't have the decency to do that then don't bother advertising for work when you get a little slow. Because you've done it to yourselves.

Exactly call them back and say I am to busy right now and either refer them to someone else or ask if they don't mind waiting until your work slows down.

I even told the one guy I know you might be busy and he said he was but he would come look at it and see if he could fit it in but then nothing. I much rather he said sorry I cannot this year etc.

Work ethics, giggle. They are so gone here it's pathetic. If you move here and apply for a job, just tell them your a yankee--- your gonna get hired on the spot. Then you gotta figure out how to work with those that has no work ethics. Good luck.

I used to have a bad case of OCD, they knocked that stupid out of me real quick. 

I was taught to give a sh1t but every day I learn not to.

I used to get out of bed and hit the ground running but I usually am done running by 10 am and most times just go home to calm the anger. 

It's a crying shame for sure. If it ain't the pure lazy it's the drugs. 

You get tired of seeing grown men on skateboards and banana bikes all day long. 

And not one of them is ashamed to beg you for money and continue to do so after you try to shake them.

Then you have the constant supply of females. That's a whole nother story.

Our country has lost its pride. 

We need more liberal handouts and free drugs

NOT