GoDuBois.com

Large house plants

slk59

I have two huge houseplants that I would love to find a home for. They're healthy but I need the room - one is a ficus tree - about 8 foot tall and a norwegian pine about 6 foot. PM me if you're interested. Thanks!

Would either one survive all year on an enclosed porch?  I would love to have the ficus in the house but I wonder what my cats would do to it.

I wouldn't risk it if the temperatures drop below freezing. The Norwegian or Norfolk Island pine is probably the hardier of the two and grows as an outdoor tree in the south. The ficus is a tropical so it might be a bit more touchy. They are notorious for dropping their leaves when the temperatures shift. If you can keep the temperature above 40 degrees both should be fine.

Guest Tracy96

I pm'd you earlier today.  I would like the fiscus tree for the Rec & Respite center in Dubois.

may have found homes for by "babies". I just can't bring myself to throw them away so glad they can find new homes. They're both atleast 15 years old.

As far as cold for either one - they were in a chilly but never below freezing temp room in the winter.

Thanks.