GoDuBois.com

Meat Recipes

Pompeii

• 1 month later...

Stuffed Steak

Get a thin butterflied steak and marinate it with Balsamic Vinegar and Olive Oil over night. Place the open steak in a casserole dish that is a little small.

Prepare a box of Cornbread Stuffing and put about 3/4 of it on one side of the steak.

Fold the other half of the steak over the top to cover the stuffing.  

Add enough water to the rest of the stuffing to make it stick to the top of the steak.  Spread evenly.

Add about a half inch of water between the edge of the steak and the casserole dish.

Cover the casserole tightly with aluminum foil.

Bake for about an hour in a preheated oven at 325 degrees.  Allow it to sit for about 20 minutes covered before slicing and serving.

• 2 weeks later...

CAST IRON STEAK

Purchase a good quality steak cut to 1 inch thickness. The steak can be marinated if you wish.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Into a cast iron skillet, add 2 Tbl light Olive Oil and 1 clove of crushed Garlic.

Heat till Garlic starts to brown and remove the Garlic.

When oil is almost smoking, add the steak. Do not cover.

Using a timer, sear the steak on one side for two minutes. Do not poke holes in it or move it during that time.

Repeat exactly on the second side.

Immediately move pan to the oven using a heavy oven mitt.

Allow to cook for 8-10 minutes depending on how you like your steak done.

Remove the pan from the oven and cover with aluminum foil for 3-5 minutes to allow the meat to re-absorb the juices.

Serve immediately.

• 1 month later...

I like to use this recipe for our BBQ's. I didn't see a Cook Out post so I hope it is okay here. It's good but really HOT.

INGREDIENTS

1/2 cup mayonnaise

1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning

1 1/3 pounds ground beef

1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped

1/2 cup diced white onion

1 clove garlic, minced

1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning

1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

4 slices pepperjack cheese

4 hamburger buns, split

4 leaves lettuce

4 slices tomato

-------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat grill for medium-high heat. In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and 1 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning. Set aside.

In a large bowl, mix together the ground sirloin, jalapeno pepper, onion, garlic, 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce using your hands. Divide into 4 balls, and flatten into patties.

Lightly oil the grilling surface, and place the patties on the grill. Cook for about 5 minutes per side, or until well done. During the last 2 minutes, lay a slice of cheese on top of each patty. Spread the seasoned mayonnaise onto the insides of the buns. Put burgers in the buns, and top with lettuce and tomato to serve.

• 3 months later...

Bar-B-Que Baby Back Ribs on the Grill

I love to bar-b-que. And I love bar-b-que sauce. I seem to eat just about everything with bar-b-que sauce on it. I dont know why, it just tastes awesome to me. And its not a hot sauce, its more of a sweet with a little tangy to it. I have a recipe for Baby Back Barbeque Ribs. They taste awesome and fall right off the bone.

What you need:

2 Sheets heavy duty foil

3 lb. pork baby back ribs

1Tbsp packed brown sugar

1Tbsp paprika

2tsp garlic powder

1 1/2 tsp pepper (I eliminate this cause I dont like pepper)

1/2 cup water

1 1/2 cup bar-b-que sauce (your choice, I use K.C. Masterpiece, has the best flavor and is just the best in my opinoin)

What to Do:

1. Preheat grill to medium

2. Center half of ribs in a single layer on each sheet of foil. Combine brown sugar and spices; rub over ribs, turning to coat evenly.

3. Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and one end to seal pocket. Through open end, add 1/4 cup water or 3-4 ice cubes. Double flod remaining end, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Repeat to make 2 packets.

4. Grill 45-60 minutes in covered grill. Remove ribs from foil; place ribs on grill.

5. Brush ribs with bar-b-que sauce. Continue grilling 10-15 minutes, brushing with sauce and turning every 5 minutes.

Make some fried potatoes with butter, onion, and garlic salt fried up in a pan. Serve with your favorite vegetable and walla, awesome meal.

Meatloaf Muffins     (weight watchers 2 pts each)

1 lb lean ground turkey or beef

1 box stove top stuffing mix

2 egg whites

1 cup water

mix above ingredients and press into muffin tins sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.

Top with favorite bbq sauce.

makes 12 muffins

Chicken Fingers           (weight watchers 4 points per serving)

2 tbsp honey mustard

2 tbsp buttermilk

1/2 cup dried bread crumbs (I use italian seasoned)

1 lb uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 12 equal stips

6 tbsp favorite bbq sauce

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place a large baking sheet in the oven to preheat.

In a shallow dish, whisk together mustard and buttermilk. place bread curmbs in a separate dish. Add chicken to mustard mixture;turn to coat. Transfer chicken to bread crumbs and turn to coat.

Remove the hot baking sheet from oven and coat with cooking spray. place chicken on baking sheet and bake 6 minutes; flip and bake until golden brown and cooked through. about 6 minutes more.

Serve chicken fingers with bbq sauce on the side. Yields about 3 chicken fingers and 1 1/2 tbsp. of bbq sauce per serving.

instead of using shallow dish's I mix the mustard and buttermilk in a ziploc bag then place the chicken in the bag & mix until coated. then place the chicken into another ziploc bag that has the bread crumbs in. easier clean up this way.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Fried Woodchuck (Groundhog)  

1    Woodchuck

1 tb Salt

1 c  Flour

4 tb Fat

1/2 ts Salt

1/4 ts Pepper

1. Skin and clean woodchuck and cut into 6 or 7 pieces

2. Put in pot, add salt and enough water to cover and parboil for 1 hour.

3. Remove meat from the broth, and drain.

4. Dredge meat in flour, salt and pepper.

5. Melt fat in heavy fry pan and saute woodchuck until nicely browned.

Serves 6

Recommend   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion  

Woodchuck with Biscuits  

1    Woodchuck

1 tb Salt

1/4 c  Onions, chopped

1/4 c  Green peppers, chopped

1/2 tb Chopped parsley

1/8 ts Pepper

4 1/2 tb Flour

1/2 c  Cold water

3 c  Broth

------------------------------BISCUIT TOPPING------------------------------

1 c  Flour

2 ts Baking powder

1/4 ts Salt

2 tb Chilled fat

1/4 c  Milk (approximately)

1. Skin and clean woodchuck and cut into large pieces. Place in a heavy  pot, add 1 tablespoon salt and enough water to cover and parboil for 1  hour, or until meat is tender.

2. Strain and save broth.

3. Remove meat from bones in large pieces.

4. Add onion, green pepper, parsley, and pepper to the broth and bring to  a boil.

5. Make a paste of the flour and water, then add it to the broth, stirring   constantly until thick and smooth.

6. Add the meat to the broth mixture and stir thoroughly.

7. Pour into baking dish.

8. Top with biscuits made as follows:

Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together. Cut in the fat. Add  enough liquid to moisten the ingredients. Roll out quickly and cut into   rounds with a cookie cutter.

9. Place the biscuits on top of the meat in the casserole. Bake in a 400  deg. oven for 20-30 minutes until biscuits are browned.

Serves 6

bikereatsbug_1441.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I have a great hot hoagie rec.  

6 Hoagie rolls

12 slices ham

12 slices turkey

12 slices salami

manwich made with ground beef

1 block swiss cheese

red onion cut up

Place one sheet renolds wrap on counter.  Put open hoagie roll on sheet.  Place 2 pieces of turkey, then 2 pieces of ham, 2 pieces of salami.  Top with manwich, then red onion, top that with cubed swiss cheese.   Wrap together in renolds wrap place on cookie sheet.  BaKe at 350 for 30 minutes. Or until cheese is melted.   Oh my   This is soooooo good.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Italian Breaded Pork Chops

INGREDIENTS

3 eggs, lightly beaten

3 tablespoons milk

1 1/2 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs

1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

2 tablespoons dried parsley

2 tablespoons olive oil

4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped

4 pork chops

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).

In a small bowl, beat together the eggs and milk. In a separate small bowl, mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and parsley.

Heat the olive oil in a large, oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic, and cook until lightly browned. Remove garlic, reserving for other uses.

Dip each pork chop into the egg mixture, then into the bread crumb mixture, coating evenly. Place coated pork chops in the skillet, and brown abut 5 minutes on each side.

Place the skillet and pork chops in the preheated oven, and cook 25 minutes, or to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).

• 1 month later...

Brew House Baby Back Ribs. From Kraft.

1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar  

1/2 cup cocoa powder  

2 Tbsp. minced garlic  

1 Tbsp. onion powder  

1 Tbsp. salt  

1/2 tsp. ground red pepper (cayenne)  

4 lb. pork baby back ribs  

1 cup BULL'S-EYE GUINNESS Draught Beer Blend Barbecue Sauce  

PREHEAT oven to 350

• 4 weeks later...
Guest snellma

Sauerkraut Hamburger Casserole

Mary Ann Snell

2 c. uncooked macaroni noodles

1 lb. hamburger

• 3 months later...

my awesome steak marinade

(to marinate up to 4 steaks)

5oz a1 steak sauce

2.5oz black velvet whiskey

1oz soy sauce

1.5oz worchishiere sauce

1tsp garlic powder

1tsp salt

1 tsp pepper

mix well and marinate for about an hour

let me know what ya think

my awesome steak marinade

(to marinate up to 4 steaks)

5oz a1 steak sauce

2.5oz black velvet whiskey

1oz soy sauce

1.5oz worchishiere sauce

1tsp garlic powder

1tsp salt

1 tsp pepper

mix well and marinate for about an hour

let me know what ya think

Will do, I love trying marinades, thanks!

• 1 year later...

Good Meatloaf

Ingredients

1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef

1 large onion, chopped

salt to taste

ground black pepper to taste

garlic powder to taste

6 slices white bread, cut into cubes

1/2 cup milk

1 egg

3 tablespoons yellow mustard, divided

1/2 cup ketchup, divided

3 tablespoons brown sugar

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

In a large bowl, thoroughly mix ground beef, onion, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Mix in bread, milk, egg, 2 tablespoons mustard and 1/4 cup ketchup.

Press the meat mixture into a 9x5 inch loaf pan. In a small bowl, stir together remaining mustard, ketchup and brown sugar; pour on top of the meat loaf.

Bake in preheated oven for 2 hours.

• 1 month later...

Pulled Pork BBQ

1 4-5 lb. Pork roast use a butt roast or seven rib

2 onions cut into quarters, sweet onions are best

About 12 whole cloves

One to two 15 oz. Sweet baby rays BBQ sauce

Hamburger buns

Put the roast in a large pot and cover with water. Add the cloves and onions. Bring water to a rapid boil then turn the heat back to a slow boil. Continue to boil for about 2 hours or until he meat starts to pull back from the bones.

Take the roast out of the water and let it cool enough so that you can handle it without burning yourself. Take 2 forks or your hands and pull a section of the meat from the roast. Use the forks to shred the meat into thin strands and place the strands into the crock-pot.

After placing the pork in the pot, slowly mix in the BBQ sauce as it heats. Use enough BBQ sauce to coat the mixture but not so much that it

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Scrapple

1 pound pork

sausage

3 cups water

1 teaspoon salt

1 cup cornmeal

1 cup cold water

In a 2-quart saucepan loosely cook the pork sausage. Add 3 cups water; bring to a boil. Combine cornmeal and cold water; stir until smooth. Gradually stir into the boiling sausage and water. Continue boiling, stirring constantly until mixture is thickened; cover. Lower heat and cook slowly 10 to 15 minutes.

Turn into loaf pan. When cool enough to set, turn out of pan. Refrigerate. Slice and brown in frying pan. Serve with syrup.

I made this yesterday. We had it for breakfast this morning  Pretty darn good

• 2 months later...

Texas Ham Loaf

1 pound smoked ham, ground

1 tablespoon oil

1 onion, chopped

3/4 pound ground pork

1 cup saltine cracker crumbs

2 eggs

1 cup milk

1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard

1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

1 tablespoon cider vinegar

1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

Salt, to taste

2 tablespoons apple cider

2 tablespoons dark brown sugar

2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard

Heat oven to 350 degrees F.

Warm oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Saute onion until it has softened. Combine onion with remaining ingredients except apple cider, dark brown sugar and the 2 teaspoons of prepared yellow mustard. Mix well. Place the meat in a loaf pan, and smooth its surface. Bake the ham loaf about 1 hour.

While the loaf bakes, combine the apple cider, brown sugar and 2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard. After the ham loaf has baked 45 to 50 minutes, brush it with the glaze, and continue baking for another 10 to 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, and let it sit for at least 10 minutes before cutting the loaf. Serve the ham loaf hot, at room temperature, or cold.