GoDuBois.com

A Big Fat Groundhog

Smokefree

I saw this huge groundhog mosying toward my garden so now I know what is happening to my plants. How do you get rid of a groundhog in the city? I know there are people who trap skunks. Would they get my groundhog? Does anyone know who would do this and how much it would cost? Thanks

Don't know about shooting or trapping but we put moth balls around the outside of the garden and it keeps the critters out.Or marigolds work too cause they stink. Just don't put the moth balls around the plants. I saw this on a gardening show. If you do catch and release be careful they can be mean little  buggers

• 2 weeks later...

You have my sympathy. At the beginning of this season I tried planting in my garden and went through about a dozen tomato plants, squash, and peppers. I gave up the battle and started container gardening. Couldn't handle the frustration and I don't have the money, brains, or time to fight with the wildlife.

Last year they left my garden alone until the tomatoes started to ripen. Then it was a war. Me against them as they ate all my tomatoes as soon as they started to ripen. I can't remember who won but I remember the misery. I felt llike that comedian in the movie trying to get rid of critters on the golf course. I even picked a bunch of green tomatoes and put them inside to ripen so they couldn't get them.