GoDuBois.com

Open Letter to the Board of Directors of Penn Highlands Healthcare

Bon

Wow, great letter.  I hope it gets results.  If it doesn't, they need to provide a transport service from DuBois which picks up folks needing transport, and bring them in to DuBois for their appointments.  The transport should be staffed with folks knowing how to care for the infirm and elderly.

Let's face it - Penn Highlands is a big business using a non-profit status to be tax-free. Its leadership and its board care little for the people but only about the bottom line.  Granted it takes money to operate but look at what the leadership who provide no direct services or care get paid - some up to $1 million annually.  Take into consideration the stories we all hear about the poor care due to being short staffed or having incompetent staff.  I am sure leaders hear them, too, and choose to not listen. 

What really makes me mad is that despite all the advancements they have made, they have lost some brilliant talent because of big pay cuts.  Now folks are left without doctors and have to find alternate sources of care.  That is not helping the doctor shortage!  I thought the goal was to keep doctors, not drive them away!

On 10/13/2023 at 8:54 PM, Petee said:

Watch, they will close down that service, then come up with a huge grant to build a Medical Center in that area like they did in Phillipsburg.

In Force? To close to the one they built by WM & Get Go in Fox Twp. It would be 10 miles from each other. That building in Kersey used to be empty the majority of the time. Getting bloodwork done was from 7-4 or 5. I don’t know what all they do in there now, I haven’t had to drive to Kersey in years.