GoDuBois.com

$500 Fines For Texting Hate Speech Are HERE! Cell Phone Providers Reading Your Texts & Will Fine You

Pappy

Seems T-mobile are updating their terms of service. I see some lawsuits coming if they actually enforce their new code of conduct. BTW who decides what hate speech is. I wonder if they will fine people who are Trump supporters who say they will vote for him. They even say about swearing they will fine you. . We will see what will happen. I thought about t-mobile but not now. Look at the video 11:45 and it has terms of service that shows about campaign content. Are they going to start fining all republicans if they do not agree with their views. Also why are they reading your texts etc?

• Pappy changed the title to $500 Fines For Texting Hate Speech Are HERE! Cell Phone Providers Reading Your Texts & Will Fine You
On 12/27/2023 at 11:55 PM, Pappy said:

Seems T-mobile are updating their terms of service. I see some lawsuits coming if they actually enforce their new code of conduct. BTW who decides what hate speech is. I wonder if they will fine people who are Trump supporters who say they will vote for him. They even say about swearing they will fine you. . We will see what will happen. I thought about t-mobile but not now. Look at the video 11:45 and it has terms of service that shows about campaign content. Are they going to start fining all republicans if they do not agree with their views. Also why are they reading your texts etc?

You own the phone,  however you don't own the media at which the information is transmitted across.  They are allowed to monitor their lines all they want, however they cannot monitor your specific device without a warrant.

On 12/29/2023 at 12:26 PM, L8RG8R said:

You own the phone,  however you don't own the media at which the information is transmitted across.  They are allowed to monitor their lines all they want, however they cannot monitor your specific device without a warrant.

Only the government cannot monitor your device without a warrant.   The Bill of Rights only protects you from Government infringements and guarantees your privacy from the Government. 

Private entities are only subject to laws prohibiting such acts, which if there is no law against it or if you sign away said right, they can do it.

I personally can hook onto any call at a phone office and listen.  I just cannot disclose said conversation or record it.  Heck, I can hook onto lines in the field and listen as well, same rules apply.