GoDuBois.com

Stadium

des

Anyone watching what the school board wants to spend 2.2 million on now. They spent millions on this outside of the stadium. They need to use the space they have and keep the money. Can you say take my paycheck please? 

1 hour ago, des said:

Anyone watching what the school board wants to spend 2.2 million on now. They spent millions on this outside of the stadium. They need to use the space they have and keep the money. Can you say take my paycheck please? 

I would also want to know if it is a "need or a want".  

What is actually still inside that would need to be refurbished for 2.2 Million? They did a lot of the outside improvements to have the PIAA select them as a go to place. I realize costs have increased but let us know what needs to be done now.

According to the article.. new locker rooms.. there are locker rooms inside the middle school they have used for years. So no need to put them inside the stadium… weight rooms… the middle school and high school both have weight rooms. So no need to build a weight room inside the stadium. A yoga place.. yeah cuz that’s what we need… the only thing I read in the article that would be ok would a space for the band. But even that is honestly a stretch since both the high school and middle school have band rooms. 

15 hours ago, BillyC said:

What is actually still inside that would need to be refurbished for 2.2 Million? They did a lot of the outside improvements to have the PIAA select them as a go to place. I realize costs have increased but let us know what needs to be done now.

There are a handful of old classrooms that used to be used for vocational classes.  The last time a room was used was for the food bank.  I believe they are used simply used to store old furniture and trash.  2.2 million is a lot of money.  My question on the use of it would be if it is going into the structure or not.  I know the stadium has leaked for years before it was resealed thus may have compromised the integrity of the metal structure.  I would assume there is asbestos that needs to be removed as well.  If the majority of the 2.2 million is to address the health and safety of students and spectators, I am all for it.   However, if its for frivolous spending, I believe some reconsideration needs to be done.  The district turned down paying a bocce ball coach as a regular sports coach because it was too expensive and didn't have the money, but yet we have the money to consider this?

Well. I think the place where the marching band used to use for the uniforms is such a mess and leaked all the time so, I made suggestions to certain people that they should try to get the kids from Jeff Tech to rebuild that part and use their classroom skills or possibly Triangle Tech kids and all they would have to do is pay for the construction materials! But, the 4 years that I was a band parent nothing was ever mentioned to the school board! The kids used to meet after school on Friday nights before the game and now for some reason they get bussed down? I only believe that they do that is they can’t keep the uniforms there due the deterioration of that part of the school. If they would start there than maybe they could make these kids meet there instead of wasting busses and the fuel is pretty expensive and no I’m not bashing the marching band either