GoDuBois.com

A Few Surprises Today....

Bon

I just learned something new today...deer can swim

I was looking at the deer on the other side of the pond when the dog barked. I looked to the left and that fawn jumped in the water and started swimming. We were about 4 feet from it!!! Scarred the crap out of both of us!!! It snuck upon us!!!

DSCN6034.jpg?t=1405532320

was only 1 snake!! Just took pics at different angles. When I went by it, it was trying to cross the road. I wasn't looking for snakes, looking for deer!! When I went by it, I causght it out the corner of my eye and said Wiener Dog, that didn't look like a stick!! I put th car in reverse and backed up to where I saw it and seen it curled up!! It was pumping it's body up, but wasn't ratteling hhis tail, so I figured I was kinda safe. I love my zoom!!!!

I was wondering if you were in a car or not....lol...5-6 feet without a car....I dont think so

lol, my hubbys boss said to say to me "WTF is wrong with you!!! That snake was at least 6' long and could of hit you!!!"

He knows I hate snakes!! I didn't know they could reach that far ... learned something!!!

The distance of a snake's strike depends on the type of snake and the snake's size; however, most experts agree that a snake can strike anywhere from half to two-thirds of their body length.