GoDuBois.com

What are these red flowers?

I like the smell of it.  I have four different colors.  You can use the dried leaves to make tea - oswego tea.  It can be used in cooking - it kinda tastes like oregano.  Hummingbird moths and Bumble Bee moths love it.  

Aren't those hummingbird moths the cutest?

Steelnut, did you get the bright magenta bee balm that we had at the Farmer's Market? I know we sold one. I was going to snag the other one but we ran into a woman who always makes nice contributions to the club on the way home and gave it to her. It was close to the shade of the one Pheobe has in the pictures.

The one in my picture is actually closer to blue - it's the Blue Stocking variety.  I agree about the Hummingbird Moth being the cutest - though, the Bumble Bee Moth (also known as the Snowberry Clearwing) places a close second.  

Aren't those hummingbird moths the cutest?

Steelnut, did you get the bright magenta bee balm that we had at the Farmer's Market? I know we sold one. I was going to snag the other one but we ran into a woman who always makes nice contributions to the club on the way home and gave it to her. It was close to the shade of the one Pheobe has in the pictures.

No, I must have missed the bee balm, darn it!

The one in my picture is actually closer to blue - it's the Blue Stocking variety.  I agree about the Hummingbird Moth being the cutest - though, the Bumble Bee Moth (also known as the Snowberry Clearwing) places a close second.  

Oh my, those Bumble Bee Moths are adorable. I've got to plant a Snowberry. I actually had what looked like an enormous bumble bee in my greenhouse in the spring. I got a picture but never looked very closely at it. (No time!)  I wonder if it was a moth and not a bee. Must find the picture.

I think you mean Bergamot.  That's what is in Earl Grey.

Right, Bergamot or Oswego tea (too many pesky names) is the dried leaves of Monarda didyma. I think someone already mentioned here that it makes great tea. It's what the colonists used as tea after they pitched all of the tea supply in Boston Harbor. Now the British drink it. What goes around comes around!:cheers: