GoDuBois.com

Local Machinist or Source?

Petee

9 hours ago, fedup said:

Flow valve for a old spigot?????

I'm not sure what it's called but it's not that old.  We remodeled our bathroom and got the prettiest faucet but our granddaughter was swinging it back and forth over her head while she leaned into the sink to wash her hair and broke it.  I would happily buy a new one but this one isn't available anywhere anymore and I really like it so I need this piece, which is actually broken in half but I glued it together to get the picture.  It went into the upright section of the faucet near the top and water flowed through it into the part that came out over the sink.

Just now, Petee said:

I'm not sure what it's called but it's not that old.  We remodeled our bathroom and got the prettiest faucet but our granddaughter was swinging it back and forth over her head while she leaned into the sink to wash her hair and broke it.  I would happily buy a new one but this one isn't available anywhere anymore and I really like it so I need this piece, which is actually broken in half but I glued it together to get the picture.  It went into the upright section of the faucet near the top and water flowed through it into the part that came out over the sink.

9 hours ago, des said:

Try ace hardware or one of the older hardware stores. Used to be able to find hard to find stuff at kholepps . The oldest one I know of is webers in sykesville. 

1 minute ago, Petee said:

Yes, I tried them but they have nothing like it.

9 hours ago, Petee said:

If you can, post a picture of the whole faucet assembly. Post the brand name and any numbers or letters you can find on the unit. 

I deal with these kind of problems a lot. The building I am required to maintain was built in 1933 and it's addition was built in 1972. It is a privately owned club in Florida that has been pieced together by many different people and contractors. 

5 hours ago, fedup said:

If you can, post a picture of the whole faucet assembly. Post the brand name and any numbers or letters you can find on the unit. 

I deal with these kind of problems a lot. The building I am required to maintain was built in 1933 and it's addition was built in 1972. It is a privately owned club in Florida that has been pieced together by many different people and contractors. 

I have searched the parts of this faucet and cannot find a trademark, number or any kind of brand marking on it.  I even checked the gaskets and all connectors.  

Faucet Bill.docx

On 5/4/2023 at 12:13 PM, Petee said:

Might anyone know of a local machinist or company that might have this part or be able to make one?

IMG_20230504_120153915.jpg

On the other side of this connector is an identical hole which is broken and missing a miniscule piece where it was broken in half.  Otherwise it fits together perfectly.  I wonder if a heavy layer of glue might plug the hole and the crack, and be strong enough to support the weight (minus my granddaughter's) of the part that goes out over the sink?  Or, could the crack be braised/welded?

18 hours ago, Petee said:

I have searched the parts of this faucet and cannot find a trademark, number or any kind of brand marking on it.  I even checked the gaskets and all connectors.  

Faucet Bill.docx 93.81 kB · 14 downloads

Well this ‎YHSGY faucet appears to come straight out of China.  I can't find any parts list for ‎YHSGY products.  Maybe you can spend more time searching.  I have reached my normal time limit on internet searching. :cheers:

I found similar barrels/diverters that were close to yours but not exactly the same.  Their costs were more than you paid for this faucet.

Before you buy you may want to try looking at a company called LightinThe Box.  It appears to be the WalMart of China. They sell everything.  I actually bought some shirts from them a while back. 

Good Luck

On 5/5/2023 at 1:31 PM, Petee said:

On the other side of this connector is an identical hole which is broken and missing a miniscule piece where it was broken in half.  Otherwise it fits together perfectly.  I wonder if a heavy layer of glue might plug the hole and the crack, and be strong enough to support the weight (minus my granddaughter's) of the part that goes out over the sink?  Or, could the crack be braised/welded?

Could try JB Weld.  Follow the directions, especially the clamping.  I used it on an outdoor gate latch and it held for years.