GoDuBois.com

City of DuBois Police Chief

City chief of police Blaine Clark has been placed on administrative leave. City council hasn’t released details simply stating it’s a personnel issue at this time. Shawn McCleary has been made interim chief of police. 

Clark has been abusing power and stomping on peoples rights for quite some time now. Going to be interesting to hear the reason for his dismissal. 

We need to let this play out.  I have never heard a bad word about the Chief, and I know he is a good family man.  He risked his own life and almost died when he went in a residence to try to save a lady who ended up committing suicide in past months.  I say lets give him the benefit of the doubt.  There are all kinds of reasons for folks being put on leave.  We are fortunate to have a man willing to do this job.  Not many want to work in law enforcement these days.  

7 minutes ago, Polo said:

We need to let this play out.  I have never heard a bad word about the Chief, and I know he is a good family man.  He risked his own life and almost died when he went in a residence to try to save a lady who ended up committing suicide in past months.  I say let’s give him the benefit of the doubt.  There are all kinds of reasons for folks being put on leave.  We are fortunate to have a man willing to do this job.  Not many want to work in law enforcement these days.  

Just because you’ve never heard a bad word against him doesn’t make my statement false. Don’t walk around Dubois looking at your cell phone or he will stop you.. this happened to some I know. And recently happened to someone else also. The person I know he stopped was out doing their job, got their belongings tossed and then cuffed and out into his cruiser. He then drove at almost 100 mph to rockton, (laughing saying look at what these cars can do) to meet a clearfield cop to take them to the jail. Once transferred to the clearfield cop, they saw something wasn’t right, and released the person. 

clark is lucky the person I know is a decent person and decided to just let it go.. the city had a major lawsuit facing them over that if they would have wanted to pursue it. He would have been fired for that with out a doubt. 

On 2/17/2024 at 12:34 AM, Constitutionalist said:

City chief of police Blaine Clark has been placed on administrative leave. City council hasn’t released details simply stating it’s a personnel issue at this time. Shawn McCleary has been made interim chief of police. 

Clark has been abusing power and stomping on peoples rights for quite some time now. Going to be interesting to hear the reason for his dismissal. 

Chief Clark tends to be disliked by criminals.

• 2 weeks later...

The council also spoke on the decision to place City of DuBois Police Chief Blaine Clark on paid administrative leave. 

“City Council received a complaint, a written complaint against Chief Clark. In response to that, they placed him on administrative leave with pay. They’ve referred the matter to the District Attorney’s office. They’re conducting an internal investigation, I’m helping with that investigation. That’s really all we’re going to talk about right now,” Breth said.