GoDuBois.com

Body found in Clearfield county near I-80.

buschpounder

According to gantdaily: State Police: Construction Worker Discovers Body in Wooded Area Near I-80

WOODLAND – A deceased body was discovered Tuesday morning in a wooded area near Interstate 80 in Woodland.

At approximately 10:25 a.m., Clearfield state police say a construction worker discovered the body between Hoopup Road and I-80 west 123 off-ramp.

The identity of the body is currently “unknown” at this time but will be released pending positive identification and notification of next of kin.

No further details were provided with the investigation ongoing by Troop C’s Major Case Team.  Anyone with information is urged to contact state police at 814-857-3800.

4 hours ago, buschpounder said:

According to gantdaily: State Police: Construction Worker Discovers Body in Wooded Area Near I-80

WOODLAND – A deceased body was discovered Tuesday morning in a wooded area near Interstate 80 in Woodland.

At approximately 10:25 a.m., Clearfield state police say a construction worker discovered the body between Hoopup Road and I-80 west 123 off-ramp.

The identity of the body is currently “unknown” at this time but will be released pending positive identification and notification of next of kin.

No further details were provided with the investigation ongoing by Troop C’s Major Case Team.  Anyone with information is urged to contact state police at 814-857-3800.

Wasn't another one discovered out that way a few years ago?

9 hours ago, buschpounder said:

Not sure.  The skeletal remains were from a Phillipsburg man but I don't think he was elderly.

Elderly, handicapped, special needs, something, I can't remember.

CLEARFIELD COUNTY, Pa. (WTAJ) — State police are hoping to get information after releasing details on the body found near Exit 123, off-ramp of I-80, including noticeable tattoos.

The body, found in Bradford Township off of I-80, was a white female who has still not been identified, investigators said. “Jane Doe” is described as being roughly 5’2″ tall and weighing around 105 pounds.

She has dark hair, blue eyes, and is somewhere between 25-30 years old, state police said.

Notably, the woman was wearing grey leggings with a white Mickey Mouse t-shirt. She also has two tattoos: One located on the right shoulder trapezius area that says “La vita e bella” and the other on the middle of her back just below the neck that says “Faith.”

PSP-Clearfield is asking anyone who has driven through the area of Exit 123 and Hoopup Road between Saturday, April 29, to Tuesday, May 2, to call them with any information at 814-857-3800.

According to investigators, a construction worker was traveling on Hoopup Road around 10:25 a.m. May 2, and spotted what looked like a body in the woods. State police out of Clearfield were called to the scene.

According to Coroner Kim Shaffer-Snyder, the cause of the woman’s death has yet to be determined.

15 hours ago, DLE1950 said:

Trucker dump ??? It's happened before.

Could be.  It'd be far from the first time that has happened.

I80 is also a major corridor between NYC and more western major cities, both for legit and illicit reasons.   I'm actually surprised their aren't more dead folk found along the interstate.

10 hours ago, dubois_15801 said:

Could be.  It'd be far from the first time that has happened.

I80 is also a major corridor between NYC and more western major cities, both for legit and illicit reasons.   I'm actually surprised their aren't more dead folk found along the interstate.

I bet there is a bunch.  They would be pretty hard to find if you think about it.  Not too many people walk along the road, specially in the large fill areas. You would need to be a billy goat.