GoDuBois.com

4 day work week

des

There is a push for a 4 day work week they say it’s more productive OK . When you are only getting paid for 32 hours how are you to pay your bills. People working 40 or more now say they can’t pay them now . They say it is also better for the family. That would be a good thing . It’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard of. They can’t even do something simple like do away with not changing the clocks twice a year. Stupid! Maybe we should start closing stores on Sunday and go to grandmas for dinner like we used to do every Sunday!

2 hours ago, des said:

There is a push for a 4 day work week they say it’s more productive OK . When you are only getting paid for 32 hours how are you to pay your bills. People working 40 or more now say they can’t pay them now . They say it is also better for the family. That would be a good thing . It’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard of. They can’t even do something simple like do away with not changing the clocks twice a year. Stupid! Maybe we should start closing stores on Sunday and go to grandmas for dinner like we used to do every Sunday!

Who is pushing this?  Is this only where you work?   The state?  The Fed?  

Is it a cut to 32 hours or is it four 10 hour days which is essentially the same?

I've heard of much stupider things.

State Rep. G. Roni Green (D-Philly) is sponsoring it.  It would be 32 hours a week, no reduction in pay; an incentive for 70 businesses with over 500 employees.  Comes with a 15 billion dollar price tag.  As an employer, I don't like it.  As an employee, I would.  But I don't think we need to spend 15 billion just to see how this works out, when we have trouble balancing our budget.  Too much overspending.

Hmmm so decrease the work hours and get the same pay but then you are hit in your taxes to help pay for it.

Figures a Democrat would try and push a tax increase on middle income people and upper income people to pay for lower income people.

So the middle class becomes the lower class. If you are on the cusp then it would probably benefit you to quit your job get a lower paying job and save taxes and make out the same at the end of the year with extra time on your hands.

Only a Democrat would want to keep eliminating the middle class all the while trying to keep lower income votes by sticking it to the middle class.

Figures he is from Philly the cesspool of Pennsylvania.

• 3 weeks later...

This is stupid! Companies will have to hire more workers to make up for the hours which will mean higher prices. Tighten up your belts and get back to work. What are you going to do on your extra day off go to club and drink some more beer. Get to work!