GoDuBois.com

Meet my granddaughter Faith Marie

Bon

• 2 weeks later...

We all got awesome news yesterday!! Brandi, Faith & Aunt Estelle went to CHOP yesterday, this was due to a dr visit Brandi & I took Faith to in Erie last Wednesday. The urology dr there said Faith needed to get that kidney stone out & didn’t understand why CHP why dragging their feet. We both told her that that the urology dept wouldn’t even see Faith & made all kinds of excuses as to why she is getting UTI’s. She called CHP herself, came back & said I know 2 dr’s at CHOP. Let me talk to them, then you call Monday to set up the appointment. Tuesday Brandi found out they were going Thursday. Deryk’s aunt has been to Philly before & said she would take them (thank you Estelle ❤️)!! They did an ultrasound on Faith, the kidney stone grew another 2mm since Easter Day. It is 19mm now. 😡(thank you CHP) The good news is as soon as Brandi sends them her last heart Dr notes, they will schedule surgery!! She could be having surgery as soon as next week!! Our prayers have been answered!! 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

19 hours ago, WMJ77 said:

GREAT NEWS!!....Well if you call surgery great news....but in this case :clap4:

This is great news considering the kidney stone was 8mm last year & now it’s bigger then an acorn. No one can pass one that size, even at 8mm you are talking pain, real painful.

On 5/13/2023 at 3:23 PM, WMJ77 said:

I only ever had 1 and I didnt like it at all!!!!

Anyone who does like it is certifiable!  I have had way too many to count and the only thing I really like to when I go to sleep, but then they wake you up!!!!!

We can’t wait till this is over & hope Faith will start to gain weight again!! She was scheduled for July 11th, but her Dr said that was too long to wait. He decided to come in on his first day of vacation just for Faith Marie to get that “Acorn” out of her kidney!! How awesome is that!! I hope, if he is married, that his family will understand. God Bless you Dr Tasian!! 🙏🏻❤️🙏🏻

11 hours ago, Petee said:

And bless her wonderful family who have cared for God's little darling for this time.  

That would mainly be Faith’s #1 nurse during the day & mama after 4pm….. Brandi!! Daddy gets home @ 5. Grandma (Emma as Faith pronounces it 😍🥰) comes when called or just drops in,  Papa drops in after 3, usually when told to. Other than that, we see Faith when asked to babysit, which is so so hard to do. 🙅‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️💆‍♀️ She is such a wild child!! 😁😋 

IMG_0095.jpeg

IMG_0376.jpeg

IMG_0456.jpeg

2 hours ago, Spawn of Bon said:

I thought I’d add one more lol

“For those about to Rock!”
I know we are!
We are ready to rock and roll this stone right outta here!
Surgery is scheduled for NEXT WEDNESDAY! 😳

1198D8AA-6DE6-4356-A3CF-FD1465BFF990.jpeg

Really Buddy?  You want to make sumpen outta dis?  Come here, I'll make sumpen outta you!

On 5/19/2023 at 1:32 PM, Spawn of Bon said:

I thought I’d add one more lol

“For those about to Rock!”
I know we are!
We are ready to rock and roll this stone right outta here!
Surgery is scheduled for NEXT WEDNESDAY! 😳

1198D8AA-6DE6-4356-A3CF-FD1465BFF990.jpeg

Miss P-Nut is our cute little biker chick!!

4 hours ago, Bon said:

Surgery went well, she is in recovery. 🙏🏻❤️🙏🏻 Thank you Jesus, Thank you God!!

IMG_0487.jpeg

Waking up from surgery is always a booger!  I hope she just flies through it!

Updated Update on Faith Marie!!

Thursday- Peanut had a rough night, waking up crying, dry heaving and seemingly in pain…obviously……they are keeping her overnight again tonight, which I expected, they want to keep a close eye on her to make sure she’s not brewing an infection.

Fever of 102.2 F 
They think it’s an infection caused by the bacteria that was on the stone, when they broke it up the bacteria of course got knocked loose 
Kinda like dust , when you move things around the dust gets knocked around and in the air.

Heart rate is finally between the 110s and 130s compared to the 150s 180s earlier
Temp is 99.1
She’s feeling better, her breathing isn’t hitching anymore 
She’s FINALLY resting peacefully and has been for the last 2 hours.

I’m not too stressed out, they really are staying on top of things and we’re prepared for this to happen, they’re listening when I tell them stuff. There’s a really good open communication lines with us, the nurses and urology all working together. We all were assuming this would happen, hoping it wouldn’t but honestly I’m not shocked or surprised …we all expected it.

Friday -

Well folks… Dr Tasian had initially said Faith would probably go to the PICU (pediatric intensive care unit) and Faith decided to make him stick to his word…….

She was doing well for a short time then this evening she started going back the other way again, fever high heart rate and just overall uncomfortable 
We will be going to the ICU shortly which Dr Tasian had initially planned for.
The antibiotics that Faith has received aren’t kicking the enterococcus bacteria, could have been a sneaky piece of infected broken stone debris somewhere hiding. They are doing many tests to try and pin down what exactly is happening 
Dr Tasian did say many times that infection is common with this procedure and yes that includes sepsis 
She needs closer monitoring to make sure this thing doesn’t get too out of control.

I can’t promise any updates for awhile because Deryk and I have not slept yet and once we get settled we are gonna need a nap 😴

We are in ICU …. Trying to get things stabilized.

Saturday -

Peanut is better
The sepsis is under control…vancomycin is the antibiotic that seems to be treating the infection 
She’s still uncomfortable 
But we are going to try and give her food today..Kate farms
We think that part of her discomfort is empty.

Looks like we will be graduating from the ICU today 
We will be moved back down to the regular floor.

Annnnd we are staying in ICU.

She popped a fever 101.3 
Her potassium is less than 2 … this is an electrolyte that affects the heart rhythm .. so that needs fixed
And her phosphorus is low, that can cause weakness and fatigue 
Those need fixed before she can go to the regular floor.