GoDuBois.com

DNA Study Proves Bigfoot exists!!!

Dodgeman

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No paper has been published, the methodology and data aren't available and the "team of experts" remains anonymous. This isn't the way legitimate scientific research is handled. I'm not saying that a veterinarian couldn't conduct genetic research but if there isn't at least one geneticist on that "team" I'd be inclined to view results with suspicion. We aren't talking blood typing here.

No paper has been published, the methodology and data aren't available and the "team of experts" remains anonymous. This isn't the way legitimate scientific research is handled. I'm not saying that a veterinarian couldn't conduct genetic research but if there isn't at least one geneticist on that "team" I'd be inclined to view results with suspicion. We aren't talking blood typing here.

The study and findings will be published shortly, Dr Melba Ketchum has all the info needed.

I think she is a geneticist, if I remember right from following this story for the last few years.  I think she was actively involved in the dna recovery and matching after 9-11.  To call her a mere veternarian isn't doing justice to themany degrees and positioons she has.  The study is in peer review atm, with hopes of beng published in Nat. Geo or another Science magazine.  (can't remember all the details, like I said I've been following this for years.) It was kicked out of peer review once to be tweaked..and has been resubmitted.  (I think smething was wrong with the way something was written up...??)

The samples have come from multiple habituation sites, projects and just plain chance (Sierra Kills).  The one area they worked in in KY is supposed to have some icredible footage...still pictures and video, that was tied up in a legal battle for quite awhile as to who had ownership of their rights.  Right now all involved are under a NDA and this was leaked out by someone.  None of these results were supposed to be released before it got through peer review and was published.)  The data, methods and scientists involved are all still under the NDA (non0disclosure order) and will come out when the paper is through peer review and published...it will all be in there.

Interesting to watch it all unfold....BUT without a body, there will still be many many non-believers.  What this MIGHT do is turn a few heads in the science world and get some more support...as in encouragment and also maybe some research $$$$..and maybe a whole lot less ridicule for the scientists that are studying this now.  

This could still be a year or years away from publication...again this was a leak that wasn't supposed to come out..but if you follow the REAL SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH on bigfoot...not the info-tainment on tv...you would know this has been in the works for years already.

It hasn't hit main stream media...so he mght not have a clue...but have him read the prelim report and see what he thinks.  I'm seeing lots of buzz that the testing results seem up and up, and if they were done correctly the results are pretty amazing...just will it pass peer rfeview and get published in a valid and upstanding science journal.  Me personally..I'm not really and never was that science-minded..so it is like reading a foreign language unless someone explains it in simplier terms.

From what I gather the mtDNA (mother dna) woulo be from an until now non-documented humanoid species....one we do not have a dna write up on, and the other side (daddy) is also an undocumented type of primate...no-human...all dating back to the species evolving about 15,000 years ago.   That would mean the species were close enough in make-up to produce off-spring that can reproduce..somethng that really hasn't been seen before.  (tigers and lions=ligers..but they are then sterile etc)

When I get reading the science stuff there are some higher intelligence science people that are guessing at which ancient man it is part of...and which thought to be extinct primates were around in those times.  Wow..it goes rpound and round...and I get more than a little lost with them....lol

Actually there's another big dna study/project in the works atm, and the chatter is the "leak" might have been on purpose to upstage the other one, being done by a guy named Sykes.   Who Knows..and time will tell.  There is just more going on in the study of BF than just people walking in the woods holloring and banging on trees..in fact, IMO the real proof will come in the lab and not in the woods.

I think she is a geneticist, if I remember right from following this story for the last few years.  I think she was actively involved in the dna recovery and matching after 9-11.  To call her a mere veternarian isn't doing justice to themany degrees and positioons she has.  The study is in peer review atm, with hopes of beng published in Nat. Geo or another Science magazine.  (can't remember all the details, like I said I've been following this for years.) It was kicked out of peer review once to be tweaked..and has been resubmitted.  (I think smething was wrong with the way something was written up...??)

The samples have come from multiple habituation sites, projects and just plain chance (Sierra Kills).  The one area they worked in in KY is supposed to have some icredible footage...still pictures and video, that was tied up in a legal battle for quite awhile as to who had ownership of their rights.  Right now all involved are under a NDA and this was leaked out by someone.  None of these results were supposed to be released before it got through peer review and was published.)  The data, methods and scientists involved are all still under the NDA (non0disclosure order) and will come out when the paper is through peer review and published...it will all be in there.

Interesting to watch it all unfold....BUT without a body, there will still be many many non-believers.  What this MIGHT do is turn a few heads in the science world and get some more support...as in encouragment and also maybe some research $$$$..and maybe a whole lot less ridicule for the scientists that are studying this now.  

This could still be a year or years away from publication...again this was a leak that wasn't supposed to come out..but if you follow the REAL SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH on bigfoot...not the info-tainment on tv...you would know this has been in the works for years already.

I'm simply going by what was published; I don't follow this stuff.  Her credentials in the article list her as a veterinarian. I would think that her more pertinent degrees would be there as well to lend credibility.  Having some experience with the way scientific research is conducted, there was little in the article that rang true. It is a given that all research unless it can be reproduced reliably in different labs is suspect. That is just the way it is no matter who the researcher is.

If there is scientific evidence that another humanoid species exists it is going to be a major scientific breakthrough.  It is not going to be published in some obscure journal or in a popular pseudo-science magazine. It will be right there in the Journal of the American Medical Association or whatever the geneticist

I didn't even click the link to see what it said, as I follow all of it elsewhere.

http://www.dnadiagnostics.com/staff.html

Dr. Ketchum is the founder of DNA Diagnostics. Established in 1985, DNA Diagnostics has become a leader in all types of DNA testing including: human and animal forensics, human and animal paternity and parentage testing, disease diagnostics, trait tests, animal and human identity testing, species identification and sex determination. Most common species of animals are tested at DNA Diagnostics. Dr. Ketchum has also established a research program ranging from gene mapping to developing the VeriSNP

There were definately more than one lab used for the analysis.  Five independents if I remember correctly, and this report is the result of their findings.  I was looking for some links to some good info on the report, but I go to many differant sites (and no, not usually BFRO...lol) and the one site the thread on the Ketchum report just hit 311 pages as of this morning...so some stuff I read I am not going to redig out any time soon!

Is this goign to be big?  Could be...if all thelabs documented their research the righ way and she writes it up in the way it needs to be.  Will the main stream big time media pick it up.....meh...maybe.  Last week I read a story of a previously thought extinct whale being found dead on a  beach...but didn't see it on tv or the big news channels...but on an internet site that I surf.  You would THINK that a new species would make head lines, and maybe BF will with all the attention it's gotten lately..but with the fiscal cliff looming, Egypt being taken over by a fanatic dictator, Isreal reeady to go to war...who knows what will take precidence in the headlines.

Hopefully, like I siad, it will at least make a few more scientists a little less sceptical and maybe get some acceptance instead of scorn and ridicule.

Guest Roger Natti

OK, let's say every thing pans out, and the proof is incontrovertible that the species (1) exists, (2) is different from man, but (3) humanoid.  Think of the legal twists.  How will intelligence be measured?  If intelligent beyond the level of an animal, will the species qualify for U.S. citizenship and be subject to state and federal laws (and benefits)?  Who will be the ones to chase these suckers down and demand that their childern attend school until they are 18?  How will PETA react?  Could be some very interesting times ahead.

some other thoughts...and more questions like yours here at this dna site.

http://dna-explained.com/

Following five years of research, a team of scientists has sequenced several Sasquatch genomes.  Results show that Bigfoot is a mixture between a human female, about 15,000 years ago, and a male, a previously unknown hominin related to Homo sapiens and other primate species.  Wow.  What a discovery!

This begs several questions.  Is all of the mitochondrial DNA the same, inferring a single maternal ancestor?  They have sequenced 20 different mitochondrial samples.  Given that the mitochondrial DNA is reportedly identical to that of modern humans, we can presume, one would think, that the mitochondrial DNA is Native American, so a member of haplogroup A, B, C, D or X.  Hopefully the forthcoming paper will be more specific.

The scientists fully sequenced three Bigfoot nuclear DNA samples and the results are stunning.  The male is not a contemporary human and they have eliminated both Neanderthal and Denisovian males as possible founders.

Dr. Melba Ketchum, one of the paper

I for one don't believe in evolution, I believe its a sub species of ape or gorilla that is a bit more advanced. The study says it does not fall in the humanoid gene which is 46 but 48 which is right above an ape. Is it that far beyond the realm of possibility that a large ape type like giganticus pithecus survived to roam the forests of the us.  

I for one don't believe in evolution, I believe its a sub species of ape or gorilla that is a bit more advanced. The study says it does not fall in the humanoid gene which is 46 but 48 which is right above an ape. Is it that far beyond the realm of possibility that a large ape type like giganticus pithecus survived to roam the forests of the us.  

It says it is a hominin. That means it is from the human branch and a relative of ours.

If you applaud the dna study as PROOF then you are going to have to accept the dna showing human as fact...can't have it both ways...lol  BUT it seems as though they are saying it is a mixture of primate and human.

And a big unanswered question is if mommy dna came from a ancient human species (possible throw back from American Indians maybe?) what was daddy to give the unknown primate dna?

what unknown primate was advanced enugh to be allowed into the realms of people to mate...was there a primate that was advanced enough to merge into the ancient human society (well..whatever type of society they had back then)  and have any of THAT undocumented species survived and also be out there?  

Is that one of the reasons for the huge differance in some of the sizes and aggressiveness of some of the reports?  (Florida a smaller version...aka skunkape, the 6-8 feet tall reports we get from this side of the country...and then the 10 foot reports that come out of the PNW and Canada..then there are the dogman reports from wisconson and Mchigan's UP of ones with more of a snout type face)  

I find it very interesting..if ya didn't notice.  (though I don't care if they are ever PROVEN to be out there or not..in fact I vote we leave them alone)

Texas has a group working on bringing in a body...if a body shows up, my money is on them producing it.