GoDuBois.com

Sandy Township Working Together

Petee

I have been contacted by quite a few people regarding whether a petition to stop the consolidation, protest it or separate from Sandy Township will be presented to the voters of Sandy Township.  That will require a good deal of thought and preparation in order to do the job right.  The future our township residents is of great concern and has to be handled in a conscientious manner.

If you would be interested in working together with Sandy Township officials and residents to create a petition regarding the future of Sandy Township, with or without a consolidation with DuBois, please forward your name, address, phone and e-mail to gardenladyx@gmail.com.  The list will go no further than myself in order to reconnect when needed.  Its contents will not be shared without your approval.  Feel free to contact me for more information and suggestions.

Much is yet to be decided, and more information will be coming after Friday June 2 which will give direction to the efforts, whether a petition, meetings, workers needed, etc. Specific details need to be collected and given in an orderly and complete manner so good decisions can be made that make a difference.

The goal is to stay abreast of all developments specifically concerning Sandy Township and sections thereof, and to direct future efforts in an efficient and accurate way.

Thank you for your careful support.

Cheryl J. Shenkle

814-590-9010

• 1 month later...

The petition is ready to be signed.  Several petition presenters are on board to collect signatures.  It reads:

The undersigned legal residents of Sandy Township do hereby request that implementation of Consolidation of the City of DuBois and Sandy Township be halted pending completion of the Forensic Audit and all legal processes involved.

To sign this petition, you must be a legal resident of Sandy Township, over 18 years of age, Names and contact info are for residency validation only and will not be used for any reason beyond the purposes of this petition.  Any questions?  Ask the presenter of this petition who will have proof of their identification as an official presenter of this petition.

Well. I live in the city. However knowing (or suspecting) now what (deals that have probably been made by our worthless solicitor} the city had given the township as far as the proper financial statements i'd be hesitant about voting in favor as well. Our gypsy solicitor and our former manager are the only ones that are going to profit from this. UNTIL they're removed and have no further say in what happens.

3 hours ago, BillyC said:

Well. I live in the city. However knowing (or suspecting) now what (deals that have probably been made by our worthless solicitor} the city had given the township as far as the proper financial statements i'd be hesitant about voting in favor as well. Our gypsy solicitor and our former manager are the only ones that are going to profit from this. UNTIL they're removed and have no further say in what happens.

You're welcome to add a note from yourself to the Petition.  It will be separate but included in the package.

• 2 weeks later...

This petition is to stop any further opportunities for them to get in the backdoor for possibly years to come.

You can stop in at the Sandy Township Tax Collector during open hours to sign the petition.  Signatures are coming in.  I've already had to refill her petition supply.  Get up and get your butt on the bandwagon.  Don't complain about which way the wagon turn if you're not willing to help steer or push.

:duh:DuBois, Sandy and tlake will never reach its true potential ..... Im in Tn now so my say doesnt mean squat, but seeing some  areas around here working together like all of you COULD do but wont breaks my heart....sure wait till all the herm crap is done but to    "stop any further opportunities for them to get in the backdoor for possibly years to come."  ....really? that is why people get out of school and leave...no jobs , no new companies coming in wether its over water, or land or gates....but hey, I moved so .....:popcorn::yes:

and you know I :luv: petee not personal  :cheers:

Edited by WMJ77

11 hours ago, WMJ77 said:

:duh:DuBois, Sandy and tlake will never reach its true potential ..... Im in Tn now so my say doesnt mean squat, but seeing some  areas around here working together like all of you COULD do but wont breaks my heart....sure wait till all the herm crap is done but to    "stop any further opportunities for them to get in the backdoor for possibly years to come."  ....really? that is why people get out of school and leave...no jobs , no new companies coming in wether its over water, or land or gates....but hey, I moved so .....:popcorn::yes:

and you know I :luv: petee not personal  :cheers:

This is to stop what they (and their unknown cohorts) were working to get from Sandy Township from happening while everyone else's attention is diverted by thinking it's all been resolved.  All we're asking is that someone lock the doors to more harm till everything stolen have been completely inventoried, all evidence is dug up and judged by a court of law.  I don't think that's asking too much at all.  Everything in both entities can proceed as usual, but all grants that were awarded which involved both DuBois and Sandy would be put on hold till after all of the audits, investigations, legal hearings, etc. are completed.  Then both entities would potentially have a chance to rethink their decisions in light of any and all new findings. 

Thank you WMJ77.  I hope it's more peaceful there for you and your family.  The skilled job market is growing by leaps and bounds regardless of what anyone is saying.  I haven't heard of anyone with marketable skills not finding a job.

ok....I thought it was to stop consolidation.....Im all for waiting for the legal crap to be done, you would be crazy not too, since who knows what's involved....ok, carry on....I took it the wrong way

the city and sandy need to look at this as a marriage, each brings things to the table, and we are their children that they need to help reach our goals not fight each other like the past 40 years, it's not working.

ps....petee, you should see the dirt down here...its orange......lol, but things seem to grow in it....lots of rocks too

22 minutes ago, WMJ77 said:

ok....I thought it was to stop consolidation.....Im all for waiting for the legal crap to be done, you would be crazy not too, since who knows what's involved....ok, carry on....I took it the wrong way

the city and sandy need to look at this as a marriage, each brings things to the table, and we are their children that they need to help reach our goals not fight each other like the past 40 years, it's not working.

ps....petee, you should see the dirt down here...its orange......lol, but things seem to grow in it....lots of rocks too

Rocks and clay are usually a good thing as long as they don't make the soil too dense.  If you have to resort to tilling versus turning in order to plant things, then you have to amend with something like mushroom compost which is what it's really meant for, to open the soil's air pockets so the plant roots can breathe.  The clay and small rocks add minerals to the soil which feed the Mycorrhiza in the soil, which then feed the roots of the plants and YOU!

I don't know about the orange color but I'll do some reading today.

Yes, you are correct about the petition.  It's not meant to be a stop forever to the consolidation, but more of a "recess" from current activities so that other business can be safely dealt with first.  Then if all is dealt with properly and safe to go, people can approach the continuation as they feel is warranted.  Nothing detrimental will have been allowed to happen in the meantime.

Everyone needs to back up, find out exactly what happened, breathe again, and then with ALL facts on the table, make good logical decisions for the citizens of our future.  We can't handicap them before they're even old enough to take on the job.

On 7/24/2023 at 8:45 PM, Petee said:

The petition is ready to be signed.  Several petition presenters are on board to collect signatures.  It reads:

The undersigned legal residents of Sandy Township do hereby request that implementation of Consolidation of the City of DuBois and Sandy Township be halted pending completion of the Forensic Audit and all legal processes involved.

To sign this petition, you must be a legal resident of Sandy Township, over 18 years of age, Names and contact info are for residency validation only and will not be used for any reason beyond the purposes of this petition.  Any questions?  Ask the presenter of this petition who will have proof of their identification as an official presenter of this petition.

Sandy Township already file a motion.

https://sandytownship.net/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/Sandy-Township-Complaint-for-Declaratory-and-Injunctive-Relief-FINAL-w.-exhibits-w.o.-blank-pages-6.1.23.pdf

On 8/7/2023 at 12:15 PM, Keyser Soze said:

Yes, and this petition is in support of that motion but this is directly from the Sandy individuals.

15 hours ago, fedup said:

Petee, good luck in trying to get all the area residents to do what is good for the WHOLE area. Even if they disagree with certain parts of what has to happen.

Thank you.  With proper knowledge of the details, I would bet everyone would see the common sense of what needs to be done for everyone from the weakest to the strongest.  Isn't that what community is all about?  

The petition is now being circulated, and hopefully we will be manning locations at which people can stop on their way home in the evening to sign it and get on their way.  Locations will be announced by this weekend.

Hopefully the radio stations and Courier will also have news soon.

There will be a meeting this Saturday, August 19 at 11 am at the Hickory Grange Hall.  It is specifically for anyone who wants to work with circulating the petition.  There will be no debate.

The petition is to PAUSE the Consolidation till after the criminal decisions and the financial audits are all complete.  Once that is done, whether it takes months or years, then the question of whether the Consolidation should take place at all will be raised.

8 hours ago, Petee said:

A Petition signing table is being manned today at Save A Lot on S Brady Street today till 8 pm.  There will be another location at Volpes Car Sales in Sabula just as soon as I can get petition pages to him which I should be able to do this evening.

Yet another location may be available for those in Treasure Lake who are asking for a location near them.  Old 255 is right outside of the gate and may provide a place for people to easily pull off and sign, then go on their way.  I'll know by Monday.

12 hours ago, Petee said:

Yet another location may be available for those in Treasure Lake who are asking for a location near them.  Old 255 is right outside of the gate and may provide a place for people to easily pull off and sign, then go on their way.  I'll know by Monday.

I've been very impressed with the attitude of the people who have stopped to sign the petition.  We even get people from DuBois who are hoping they can sign it also, but as it is written, only Sandy Township Residents are permitted to sign this specific petition.  Everyone seems to understand that this is the bext thing for both entities, a chance to sort out the problems BEFORE a more complicated situation is entered into.

No one in their right mind would buy a house that hasn't been title searched for true ownership and for financial/legal issues before they take on the responsibilities and debts of the former owner.  

Al that is being asked, is time to get all of the facts out in the open so the citizens know EXACTLY what they are going to have to deal with.

On 8/20/2023 at 11:18 AM, Petee said:

I've been very impressed with the attitude of the people who have stopped to sign the petition.  We even get people from DuBois who are hoping they can sign it also, but as it is written, only Sandy Township Residents are permitted to sign this specific petition.  Everyone seems to understand that this is the bext thing for both entities, a chance to sort out the problems BEFORE a more complicated situation is entered into.

No one in their right mind would buy a house that hasn't been title searched for true ownership and for financial/legal issues before they take on the responsibilities and debts of the former owner.  

Al that is being asked, is time to get all of the facts out in the open so the citizens know EXACTLY what they are going to have to deal with.

The beginning of the answer?

1.  Pause the Consolidation where it stands right now.  Note I did not say STOP!!  Whether or not that is a good idea is yet to be shown.  The truthful and current facts would be a wonderful place to start.

2.  Spend the time during a PAUSE to determine the real financial, legal and consequences of past decisions on the future of each entity involved.  Then with that knowledge, choose to go forward or go back to basics as individual communities.

3.  Ignorance of past and present circumstances will lead us into more trouble down the road.

4.  Would you buy a home or property, sign a contract or any sort of financial and legal dealing without knowing all of the facts and where they will land you in the future?  Ever heard of buyer's remorse, or hear someone talk about how they decided to take a chance and just go for it only to land in hot water?  How do successful buyers win?  They look before they leap and make sure the info they got is in writing.  DuBois and Sandy have never gotten that assurance.

5.  Have you ever considered jumping over a solid fence before looking to see where you can land on the other side?  Would you let your kids do it, risking their future?

5. Are you willing, based on the past and present dealings, to risk your potentially better future on a gamble?  What will it hurt to stop, pause, look and listen before it's too late?  

6.  Have we learned from the past?  

7. Please find and sign the Sandy Petition to ask the judge to Pause the Consolidation till the rest of the story is known?  Then depending on what is discovered and how it is to be dealt with in the future, make an informed decision on how to proceed.  

8.  We are looking for 1000 or more signatures from Sandy Township residents.  Currently we have approximately 250.  I would recommend that DuBois residents start a petition of their own to Pause the Consolidation as soon as possible.  We have had many DuBois residents ask to sign it, but the way it is written, we cannot do that.

9. The petition should be ready to hand to the judge in the first week of October before the actual hearing.  

10.  This is our chance to potentially correct a mistaken or even illegal decision.  Help us get time to figure it out correctly BEFORE it's too late.

11. Keep an eye out here for locations at which you can find the petition to sign it.

During Business Hours

Sabula Auto Sales

255 North

1 mile south of Sabula

Sandy Township Tax Collector

9 Overdorf Avenue

Go over Sandy Bridge

3rd street on left

Carlson Auto Repair

E Park and S. Stockdale

Directly across from fire company

As available locations

When volunteers are available to man petition table

Save A Lot Market

219 S of Sandy Bridge 3 blocks

Treasure Lake Entrance

Old 255 N at end of road

If you have questions or are available to man a table, please contact Cheryl at 814-590-9010 or e-mail gardenladyx@gmail.com

Good Petition Signing Locations.docx

We have almost 600 signatures.  Hopefully we will have all 1000 by this weekend.  We will continue collecting signatures but will not be sitting out at tables collecting them once we reach our initial goal.  If you want to sign, and cannot find a petition location, please give me a call and I'll make sure someone contacts you.

23 hours ago, Petee said:

We have almost 600 signatures.  Hopefully we will have all 1000 by this weekend.  We will continue collecting signatures but will not be sitting out at tables collecting them once we reach our initial goal.  If you want to sign, and cannot find a petition location, please give me a call and I'll make sure someone contacts you.

I think we are close to 700 now but I have not reviewed them this evening to be sure.