GoDuBois.com

Penn State

des

P Srate pres. gets pay raise makes 990000 thousand now. They are cutting 94 million from budget. If they are running in the RED why would someone get a raise. Why does she deserve a raise. That’s alright Pa taxpayers will just have to suck it up. 

13 hours ago, des said:

P Srate pres. gets pay raise makes 990000 thousand now. They are cutting 94 million from budget. If they are running in the RED why would someone get a raise. Why does she deserve a raise. That’s alright Pa taxpayers will just have to suck it up. 

des, cmon its the Almighty Penn State!!   As long as children(cause thats what they are) want to go there and parents will shell out the money...it will keep on keep'n on.

That is a nice salary.  I personally think its high, but what do I know.  I went to College and got an ASB degree and now I work for a family company.  I don't make that kind of money at all, but I'm content.  I love my job.  Maybe if I would have gotten more education I could have attained a bigger paying job.  I will say that my kids graduated from Penn State DuBois with 4 year degrees, and they are both doing great and tuition was reasonable in DuBois.  No housing to pay for either.  So I'm pretty happy with Penn State because of that.  Kiddos got the skills needed for their careers and they are self supporting.  What really gets me is the money that news anchors make on the big networks and the money some athletes make.  That is really outlandish.  Does anyone really need that amount of money?  And you can't say they earn it, because  its way too much.  Sorry.  And don't get me started about various government officials!  You know who we ought to pay more?  Those who are putting their lives on the line every day.  Our police, rescue personnel, and military!   Ok, I'm done now.

Polo,

Please remember that your taxes are helping to pay that salary.   We should get a say in expenditures like that.

Just remember that the highest paid employee in PA is probably the head football coach of said institution. (its not anywhere near the $990,000 his boss is being paid) 

1 hour ago, DS58 said:

Polo,

Please remember that your taxes are helping to pay that salary.   We should get a say in expenditures like that.

Just remember that the highest paid employee in PA is probably the head football coach of said institution. (its not anywhere near the $990,000 his boss is being paid) 

I would like to know what responsibilities (including financial) that require that amount.  What are they expecting of her?

It’s not about the school, It’s about the money. They are going to the state saying they need more funding. They pay the couches millions director’s millions when does it stop. 

7 minutes ago, jaman said:

700 million stadium renovation. They are going to rip the whole West Stands and Press box out.

And where does all this money come from. Millions? 

All Athletic money at Penn State is a separate entity. Their revenue comes from ticket and television/conference money. There are no taxpayer monies used in the Athletic Department. I worked at a Division One School (FCS) in my career and am very familiar with how a University's Athletic program operates. Revenue does not come from the State/Commonwealth. The College that I worked at in their Athletic Department just completed a $350,000,000 plus fundraiser from their Alumni and friends of the College. Penn State does the same when they do a project for Athletics. Your only GRIPE should be about the salary raise for the president of the university!!!!! Not Athletics!!!

12 hours ago, Mahatma Kane Jeeves said:

All Athletic money at Penn State is a separate entity. Their revenue comes from ticket and television/conference money. There are no taxpayer monies used in the Athletic Department. I worked at a Division One School (FCS) in my career and am very familiar with how a University's Athletic program operates. Revenue does not come from the State/Commonwealth. The College that I worked at in their Athletic Department just completed a $350,000,000 plus fundraiser from their Alumni and friends of the College. Penn State does the same when they do a project for Athletics. Your only GRIPE should be about the salary raise for the president of the university!!!!! Not Athletics!!!

Sorry but I call bull . It’s all connected the bottom line. 

On 2/17/2024 at 10:28 AM, des said:

Sorry but I call bull . It’s all connected the bottom line. 

No. The Athletic Department is a separate entity of the University. Their Revenue comes from ticket sales, selling of licensed products and most importantly, Alumni Donations. When my Alma Mater renovated a locker room for Football, they did a fundraising campaign. They are now in the process of raising money to build a Soccer Stadium. No taxpayer monies are involved.