GoDuBois.com

View Outside My House at 8AM

Bon

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pics Bon!  That would take a little getting used to, seeing them that 'up close and personal'. W :huh: W!!

They may be checking for letters for Santa and looking to take over the reindeer gig in December!!  :huh:

No, not really ... I've been around them the majority of my life. 

lol, maybe they were checking to see if my llama would have enough to eat around here.

No, not really ... I've been around them the majority of my life. 

lol, maybe they were checking to see if my llama would have enough to eat around here.

Once upon a time, a neighbor's cows got loose and ended up in my yard.  I walked by the window, thinking....deer.....and then did a double take  :o !!  NEVER look out the window before coffee!!!  LOL

The llama better get 'dibs' on the free food soon or you'll be needing to find a source for lama food!!!  :huh:

My van has been in the body shop for over two weeks now because of a deer. I asked the guy what happens when an elk hits one? He said they are generally totaled. Yep, nice little elk....get a gun!

Unfortunately, your solution seems to be the answer to a lot of the problems in the world today.  Would shooting a habituated and acclimated elk make

you feel better about the damage to your vehicle caused by a deer?

Be very careful going to your car! There is a potential "ouch" factor here. I'll never forget the morning I opened the door to let the dog out and there was this horse in my face. Some things you shouldn't have to deal with before coffee. 

Those are gorgeous pictures! 

Unfortunately, your solution seems to be the answer to a lot of the problems in the world today.  Would shooting a habituated and acclimated elk make

you feel better about the damage to your vehicle caused by a deer?

Actuslly yes. I would rather see them in someone's freezer than in their car with a dead body under an elk. Sorry, they are not native and they need to be kept on the reservation. Those who brought them here need to be responsible for them and the damage they do.

Actuslly yes. I would rather see them in someone's freezer than in their car with a dead body under an elk. Sorry, they are not native and they need to be kept on the reservation. Those who brought them here need to be responsible for them and the damage they do.

You are completely wrong... The elk are native to Pennsylvania and the herd was completely decimated in the early 1900's and then reintroduced by the Pennsylvania Game Commission.

So now by your thinking the PGC needs to be held financially responsible for all the damage done to vehicles that hit deer.  Especially those off the reservation.  You must be new to this part of

PA because vehicles hitting deer is a common occurrence.  And thirdly, this thread is about beautiful elk photographs and not your sob story about the damage done to your vehicle by hitting deer.

You are completely wrong... The elk are native to Pennsylvania and the herd was completely decimated in the early 1900's and then reintroduced by the Pennsylvania Game Commission.

So now by your thinking the PGC needs to be held financially responsible for all the damage done to vehicles that hit deer.  Especially those off the reservation.  You must be new to this part of

PA because vehicles hitting deer is a common occurrence.  And thirdly, this thread is about beautiful elk photographs and not your sob story about the damage done to your vehicle by hitting deer.

I've lived here all of my life and have seen so much damage done to agriculture and vehicles by the White Tailed Deer. Elk are a completely different story and don't just damage cars and injure people, they kill them simply by their size. The Elk project is great, but when they start straying off of the land set aside for them then the roamers need to go into someone's freezer, not onto the roads. There's a huge difference between going onto the area to see them and running into one, and hitting one on the highway going to work. Mastadons were probably in this area too but if they were reincarnated would you want to deal with them in your backyard?

I'm simply saying that the project shouldn't be allowed to expand to the point that it puts locals in danger.

I've lived here all of my life and have seen so much damage done to agriculture and vehicles by the White Tailed Deer. Elk are a completely different story and don't just damage cars and injure people, they kill them simply by their size. The Elk project is great, but when they start straying off of the land set aside for them then the roamers need to go into someone's freezer, not onto the roads. There's a huge difference between going onto the area to see them and running into one, and hitting one on the highway going to work. Mastadons were probably in this area too but if they were reincarnated would you want to deal with them in your backyard?

I'm simply saying that the project shouldn't be allowed to expand to the point that it puts locals in danger.

The photographs were posted by Bon for the GoDuBois group to enjoy... You hijacked this thread to bring attention to a deer causing damage to your vehicle.

We don't care about your vehicle.  If your discussion is that important, I would suggest that you start your own thread and not distract from the beautiful photographs.

You comments and link amount to male bovine excrement.  Now, I'll bet that you are one of the known-it-alls that has to have the last word.  I direct you to reply.

I have never said anything about this, but now I will ... my pic of Big Boy I took last year is in the 2015 Clearfield County Area Agency On Aging calendar!!! I was surprised to see my pic was picked & it's for the month of August, that's my birth month.

Congrats Bon!!!! :cheer:  That's an awesome pic of Big Boy or should I say "Mr. August"??  ;)