GoDuBois.com

OLD AREA PHOTOS

Marine4

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Edgemont dispute drives me nuts I always picture the place right along Larkeytown road but, its true the creek was rerouted so who the heck is alive that could even tell us where it was or how it looked then. The DuBois Hospital is also the exact place another park was called Electric Park, I've never seen any pics of this though but, also read of it ion all the local history books.

• 2 weeks later...

A distant relative in NY and I have been trying to figure out where this was for some time.  An ancestor lived with relatives (the Collins family) near Edgemont Park, Falls Creek when he died ca. 1909.   We thought it was located in the area somewhere near Taylor Ave.  If that picture is from a post card, it is probably the one she has.  Thanks for posting.

What was the name of the small park located behind/near the old drive-in?

Edgewood Park was behind the roller rink out near the drive in.

• 2 weeks later...

i love these pictures...i literally get lost in them, trying to imagine what it was like in this area back then.

As do i. I really enjoy looking at them. Looking at the one from Falls Creek you can see that some of those building are still there today. Really neat.