GoDuBois.com

Blvd pavillion

Harvey Mungaknuts

On 4/4/2023 at 7:43 AM, beechboy said:

Perhaps the takeover of the city by the township should now be expedited in order to get better transparency.

Seeing how the leaders of Sandy operated in the past, that is not an improvement of anything.  A random group of 5th graders would be preferable.

3 hours ago, Illiterate said:

Seeing how the leaders of Sandy operated in the past, that is not an improvement of anything.  A random group of 5th graders would be preferable.

Your comments show how little you know about Sandy Township and why they defended themselves as they did.  Had they not done so, Sandy would have been paying through the nose to support DuBois.

1 hour ago, Petee said:

Your comments show how little you know about Sandy Township and why they defended themselves as they did.  Had they not done so, Sandy would have been paying through the nose to support DuBois.

Moving here, I was an unbiased observer.  I had no allegence to either.  Never intended to stay here this long.  What I saw was 2 entities that are bound as a single entity..neither able to survive without the other.  Instead of trying to cooperate, they chose to waste taxpayer money over literally $hit.  Neither party is or was the innocent victim of the other.  This entire area would be much better off if they didnt see each other as the enemy.

2 hours ago, Illiterate said:

Moving here, I was an unbiased observer.  I had no allegence to either.  Never intended to stay here this long.  What I saw was 2 entities that are bound as a single entity..neither able to survive without the other.  Instead of trying to cooperate, they chose to waste taxpayer money over literally $hit.  Neither party is or was the innocent victim of the other.  This entire area would be much better off if they didnt see each other as the enemy.

That image was presented as fact by the newspaper, not the people.  The people have always gotten along but continuing demands from DuBois over the water situation were totally unfair.  That's the only serious court battle that was fought and it was initiated by DuBois.

I am not fan of the project however, I do have a few suggestions to make what was done more palatable:  first, there are too many disconnected/not similar textures.  Perhaps what was painted on the center wall, could be painted on the bottom and top walls, to give similarity of color?

Next, I do not see how a waterfall fits into that location!  Isn't there supposed to be a stream feeding the falls and catching the water at the other end?  Anyways, maybe to make a bit less fake/contrived, moss or lichen can be encouraged to grow on the rocks?  Maybe a huge vat of plain yogurt could be spread to encourage that growth (I know, it may or may not work)?

The sign at the top?  Just plain out of place!

2 hours ago, Ignatius said:

I am not fan of the project however, I do have a few suggestions to make what was done more palatable:  first, there are too many disconnected/not similar textures.  Perhaps what was painted on the center wall, could be painted on the bottom and top walls, to give similarity of color?

Next, I do not see how a waterfall fits into that location!  Isn't there supposed to be a stream feeding the falls and catching the water at the other end?  Anyways, maybe to make a bit less fake/contrived, moss or lichen can be encouraged to grow on the rocks?  Maybe a huge vat of plain yogurt could be spread to encourage that growth (I know, it may or may not work)?

The sign at the top?  Just plain out of place!

I think that a lot of what you are suggesting will happen with time and weathering. Anything new like that stands out like a sore thumb. Mother Nature may take care of in a few years about which time the weeds will be considering a coup d’état. I do agree that there is something discordant about it. I can't figure it out. You are right but  part of it, I think, may be that you have to look at it so closeup. It needs distant viewing and a background other that prim and proper housing. A mountain would be nice. 

• 3 weeks later...

The high wall is still not complete. It must have cost millions..How much did the corrupters in City Hall of DuBois rake in under the table? It’s the tip of the iceberg. Ball fields and a lot more. Corruption abounds in City Hall. Take a ride through the rest of the city Slumsville. 

• 3 weeks later...

I stopped by today on my way by and I think that the east side of the bank project that is done looks awesome! Love the falls, walls, new mid sidewalk and steps down from the top, the shrubs and flowers, and even the pavilion and sign. The trees they planted last year are all alive and leaved out, none are dead.

20230513_142753.jpg

Oh and Petee, I found your "missing" granite markers with the names on them. They are on the wall as cap stones at the bottom of the new steps on the east side leading down to the mid sidewalk. I think there were 4 or 5 of them and a blank one.

20230513_142451.jpg

16 minutes ago, Eastman said:

I stopped by today on my way by and I think that the east side of the bank project that is done looks awesome! Love the falls, walls, new mid sidewalk and steps down from the top, the shrubs and flowers, and even the pavilion and sign. The trees they planted last year are all alive and leaved out, none are dead.

They immediately replaced the ones that didn't make it.

20230513_142753.jpg

On 4/5/2023 at 7:15 PM, Illiterate said:

Dont worry.  A couple more indictments of City politicians  and the STATE will takeover.  Then we will really go backwards.