GoDuBois.com

Arrest of Dubois City Manager John “Herm” Suplizio

block

2 hours ago, Petee said:

They are probably waiting for information just as are the rest of us. I would doubt that "the fire companies" are supporting anything.  "They" do not have a voice as anything other than individuals, and then as firemen.

Oh but Petee, they carry much more weight in this town than you could know.  Not much got done in DuBois without the blessing of the Fire Companies

Community Days at the park has alot of booths with " cashiers handling the money " keep an eye on these and report any suspicious characters and deeds to this forum please. might shine a light on " STUFF ".

On 5/23/2023 at 2:41 PM, DS58 said:

Oh but Petee, they carry much more weight in this town than you could know.  Not much got done in DuBois without the blessing of the Fire Companies

That is certainly true, but only in matters of safety and assistance in things such as cleaning parking lots and other services.  They do NOT have a voice about the government for things other than fire service needs.

36 minutes ago, Petee said:

That is certainly true, but only in matters of safety and assistance in things such as cleaning parking lots and other services.  They do NOT have a voice about the government for things other than fire service needs.

You might think !!!!

1 hour ago, DS58 said:

You might think !!!!

If they are involved in more than what concerns the dire companies directly, then maybe that's part of the problem!  They need to concentrate on their own activities and do a great job there.

22 hours ago, redmill said:

Community Days at the park has alot of booths with " cashiers handling the money " keep an eye on these and report any suspicious characters and deeds to this forum please. might shine a light on " STUFF ".

Volunteers and friendship are not doing a booth this year. Not sure of the other departments. It’s going to be a pretty slim spread for food. Probably not as many free handouts either. 

7 hours ago, L8RG8R said:

Volunteers and friendship are not doing a booth this year. Not sure of the other departments. It’s going to be a pretty slim spread for food. Probably not as many free handouts either. 

some have made side deals to sell foods , not exactly out of it entirely.. so we`re advised

Thanks for posting this. I received it via text earlier this morning but since i'm dumb i can't figure out how to post it on here or on other social media sites. Really makes Toni look not so good (imagine that) but makes Shannon Gabriel look like she was getting better at looking out for the interests for the City. 

34 minutes ago, BillyC said:

Thanks for posting this. I received it via text earlier this morning but since i'm dumb i can't figure out how to post it on here or on other social media sites. Really makes Toni look not so good (imagine that) but makes Shannon Gabriel look like she was getting better at looking out for the interests for the City. 

You're welcome!  And sadly she started "looking out" for the City a little too late!

24 minutes ago, block said:

You're welcome!  And sadly she started "looking out" for the City a little too late!

It's almost as if the lightbulb went on that said that the "status quo" wasn't working.  Sometimes people pretend at their jobs and are able to fake it for a really long time until people realize that they don't know what they are doing.  I'm not sure if it was willful blindness, zero training/knowledge, blind allegiance, or just pure laziness.  

to add to that: I'm sure someone's "good guy" façade had people fooled.  I would bet there were more times than not that he said said, "don't worry--I got this" all the while duping us all to a point while he absconded with gift bags full of money.  

1 hour ago, disgruntled said:

Are ya'll hearing about the threats being made to certain individuals?  Seriously hopes those being threatened are being reported to law enforcement--and not local based on what I'm hearing.  

Good! They better be threatened and they deserve as well after the crap they did!