GoDuBois.com

No Outside Burning Recommended

Tiramisu

Yes, all of the leaves and dry duff that has been accumulating in the woods and corners of properties is getting dry, and the old leaves are actually blowing around.  Don't burn till possibly next weekend when it will be raining again.

6 minutes ago, Polo said:

Its good to continually warn folks because they do not think about it.  No matter how many times it is stressed, someone still lights a fire, and it ends up getting away from them.

I don't think people know WHY them shouldn't burn, or the problems/fines they can create if a fire gets away from them.  That would probably go further to stop them that just a few words of warning.  

4 hours ago, Harvey Mungaknuts said:

It is also an ordnance in most townships No open burning. Only cooking fires

We are permitted to burn but must first call the local fire department to clear it if it is anything other than a small campfire.  They then know the location of the fire and can deal with it if it gets away, and the people who should have had it under control.

Fire has jumped mountains. 2 mountains now on fire. Fire is working down towards river road. Everytime they think they are starting to get a handle on it another wind gust pushes it more. 

Red Cross and Jefferson county EMA responding with water for fire companies.  

for those of you with the scanner radio app you can listen to all of it on the Jefferson/Elk/clearfield feed

Rode Past some individuals at the old Who Cares bar on 219  between Brockway and Dubois.burning. Yes burning . Tree branches and brush piles. I saw somebody must have turned them in . Falls Creek FD showed up on the scene according to Facebook..  I hope they got fined and compensated the the fire dept. 

60 years ago my parents sometimes had my big brother burn garbage. He didn't  pay attention  and it got away from him. I was 4 for 5 and had no idea what was happening.  I went outside to see what the noise was and there was a firetruck. The fireman asked if I started the fire. Don't  know if he was joking or what but that memory  is scorched on my brain. Somewhat pun intended. Seems fitting for the feeling I get every  time I think of it.

3 hours ago, etink3908 said:

I haven’t heard anything on the scanner in awhile. Must be out. Did see it was caused by a power line tho. As of around 1am they were still working hot spots. At 6 am all was quiet 

Around 930 it flared up. Jefferson 19(Sigel) 14 (Sigel 2), 2(brookville) 15 (warsaw) 10 (Pine Creek), 3 (Corsica.)  Clearfield 39 ( North Point Sandy) 29 Mahaffey. That's a long road back for 29. Elk 7. (Horton).  Forest 800 (marienville.) Jefferso 6 (reynoldsville) to 19 (sigel)  . Station 8 (Sykesville) to 2(brookville)

Per Jefferson County fire wire.  There was another woods fire near Ringgold/Punxsy.

I talked to my daughter who is one of the fire fighters.  She had to hike in about 3 miles with full gear plus carrying extra fuel for (a back fire?).  It's about 35-40 pounds through swamps and brush.  They went in to be sure the hot spots were put out.  This tiny girl amazes me all the time!!