GoDuBois.com

Small College World Series this week. Get out and Support

jaman

Regardless of the City nonsense that is going on, Dubois has a good thing for the community going on. 20 teams will be here visiting from around the country.. Eating, Lodging and spending money.  Go to a game, Help out for an hour or 2 in the Concession stands.   This is a big money maker for local business.  Which employs PEOPLE.  The area can not afford to lose this.  It also looks good for the City.  It will show that the people are above the politicians that run this city. 

And the weather looks good compared to the last 2 years. Dubois has the finest facilities for this in the nation of small cities.  PSU Dubois and Clearfield County Tourism will take the lead.

PS.  To the current city politicians.   Please stay away. Inevitable someone will ask what is going on.  No distractions.

On 5/13/2023 at 5:53 PM, jaman said:

Regardless of the City nonsense that is going on, Dubois has a good thing for the community going on. 20 teams will be here visiting from around the country.. Eating, Lodging and spending money.  Go to a game, Help out for an hour or 2 in the Concession stands.   This is a big money maker for local business.  Which employs PEOPLE.  The area can not afford to lose this.  It also looks good for the City.  It will show that the people are above the politicians that run this city. 

And the weather looks good compared to the last 2 years. Dubois has the finest facilities for this in the nation of small cities.  PSU Dubois and Clearfield County Tourism will take the lead.

PS.  To the current city politicians.   Please stay away. Inevitable someone will ask what is going on.  No distractions.

This would have never happened without Herm and the other city politicians. You should be thanking them for bringing the revenue to local businesses. 

22 minutes ago, L8RG8R said:

This would have never happened without Herm and the other city politicians. You should be thanking them for bringing the revenue to local businesses. 

On the surface it's great, but the potential underground reasons are the question.  

24 minutes ago, Petee said:

On the surface it's great, but the potential underground reasons are the question.  

Then let’s let all these events that take place leave. I’m sure other areas would take them. 

1 hour ago, L8RG8R said:

Ok disciple. You're probably correct. HOWEVER did you ever wonder how much shady Herm pocketed off of this?

7 hours ago, L8RG8R said:

Thank the Sandy Township Municipal Authority  customers. They have been bank rolling DuBois for years. 

The USCAC has a contract through 2026 or 2027 (not exactly sure). Considering some of the places that have hosted this, they will be staying for a while. When I worked for Penn Highlands, we provided Athletic Training services for both tournaments. Everyone that I talked to was very pleased with the facilities and all the City had to offer.

8 hours ago, Mahatma Kane Jeeves said:

The USCAC has a contract through 2026 or 2027 (not exactly sure). Considering some of the places that have hosted this, they will be staying for a while. When I worked for Penn Highlands, we provided Athletic Training services for both tournaments. Everyone that I talked to was very pleased with the facilities and all the City had to offer.

There are also specific demands this organization has that the city must meet each year or they can pull the plug. With everything going on with council and the management, are they willing to make the improvements and/or negotiate a new contract?  

34 minutes ago, L8RG8R said:

There are also specific demands this organization has that the city must meet each year or they can pull the plug. With everything going on with council and the management, are they willing to make the improvements and/or negotiate a new contract?  

The City will need to determine how much money they have left to fund the baseball events after figuring the cost of the  criminal defense and pay to the suspended city manager. 

Maybe they can eliminate the healthcare and deductible payments for the no work council and mayor to fill any budget gaps. 

29 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

The City will need to determine how much money they have left to fund the baseball events after figuring the cost of the  criminal defense and pay to the suspended city manager. 

Maybe they can eliminate the healthcare and deductible payments for the no work council and mayor to fill any budget gaps. 

My point exactly. Bye bye World Series. 

On 5/18/2023 at 7:09 AM, L8RG8R said:

Maybe USCAC is thrilled beyond belief and will stay despite Hermy and his purported misgivings.

On 5/18/2023 at 7:09 AM, L8RG8R said:

Maybe, just maybe, the new powers that be in DuBois can do the same job as Herm and his minions without the stench of possible corruption.  Just a thought.  

Only have one complaint about the College World Series being here.  Some folks I know had reservations at a local hotel for this week to visit relatives.  They didn't come for the World Series.  When they tried to check in at the hotel, they were denied.  The hotel had cancelled their reservations!  Now I'm assuming this was because of the reservations needed to accomodate the teams playing here this week.  I could be wrong.  But it seems like it's just too much of a coincidence, and I've heard of this type of thing before.

1 hour ago, Polo said:

Only have one complaint about the College World Series being here.  Some folks I know had reservations at a local hotel for this week to visit relatives.  They didn't come for the World Series.  When they tried to check in at the hotel, they were denied.  The hotel had cancelled their reservations!  Now I'm assuming this was because of the reservations needed to accomodate the teams playing here this week.  I could be wrong.  But it seems like it's just too much of a coincidence, and I've heard of this type of thing before.

What hotel was this? I don’t think we ever canceled any reservations because of it? 

On 5/17/2023 at 1:37 PM, BillyC said:

Ok disciple. You're probably correct. HOWEVER did you ever wonder how much shady Herm pocketed off of this?

Never got an answer from you. How much was HIS kickback? Or will we have to wait until someone finds out and brings it up to the no tell council?

On 5/19/2023 at 2:44 PM, busrolls36 said:

What hotel was this? I don’t think we ever canceled any reservations because of it? 

On 5/19/2023 at 2:44 PM, busrolls36 said:

Its not the hotel where you work.  I don't want to say the name.