GoDuBois.com

Arrest of Dubois City Manager John “Herm” Suplizio

block

Protect the identity of the whistleblower. They had reasons for wanting to stay anonymous. If they want people to know who they are, they can step forward. Why expose the one person that had the integrity to say something about dealings that looked wrong to them? There were many people that had to know, yet said nothing. The allegations, if found to be true, involve big names and multiple levels in the community. Their influence could make things rough. Again, they all deserve their day in court. Here's to hoping ALL of them pay if they are found guilty, big names included...or maybe, especially the big names.

• 5 weeks later...
10 hours ago, BillyC said:

Well. At 11:30 last night the degenerate rip off solicitor resigned. She sure did take the city for a lot of money over the years.

Especially…last Monday night…shameful on all parties involved!  It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that who;e deal. Pay her undeserving legal fees…them resign!

On 1/2/2024 at 8:52 AM, gc said:

How did she resign at 11:30 p.m.? Did she call the council members? 

Via e mail. Is what i heard and it was sent at 11:59 PM. That's the way snakes usually do it. And even though she has bowed out she may still have a couple of the council members afraid of her. For example. When Augenbaugh made mention of the new solicitor having to have an office in the city it was probably her telling him to ask the question.

2 hours ago, BillyC said:

Via e mail. Is what i heard and it was sent at 11:59 PM. That's the way snakes usually do it. And even though she has bowed out she may still have a couple of the council members afraid of her. For example. When Augenbaugh made mention of the new solicitor having to have an office in the city it was probably her telling him to ask the question.

OHHH , was it she who advised the 2 council members to dispose of City files in a dumpster more than 1 mile from City Hall ???........behind the old shakespeares Salvege yard ?? ( they was seen and files recovered the rumor goes ) who worked nearby there ?

2 hours ago, redmill said:

OHHH , was it she who advised the 2 council members to dispose of City files in a dumpster more than 1 mile from City Hall ???........behind the old shakespeares Salvege yard ?? ( they was seen and files recovered the rumor goes ) who worked nearby there ?

Well. Not sure. But i'll do some checking. I do know that one of the current council worked behind the old Shakespeare's area. If they were seen does the person that saw them have any proof? Video or pictures?

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/10/2024 at 8:10 PM, Harvey Mungaknuts said:

I heard today a mortgage  company now own the Untied way building

The United Way has absolutely nothing to do with the City of DuBois other than to have been unfortunate enough to have had Herm as a board member at one time or the other.  He was permitted far too much leniency on how the money was fanagled around.  I doubt that will ever happen again.  It has proven true that while business used to be conducted and honorably carried out on a handshake and a local person's honor, it is no longer so.  No one seems to care whether they are accused or found guilty anymore.  NO SHAME!  They just smack their lips and go hunting for more prey.  I do not believe that serving your time or fulfilling court ordered recompense is payment enough.  Like God, it takes a submitted heart to get forgiveness.

17 hours ago, Petee said:

The United Way has absolutely nothing to do with the City of DuBois other than to have been unfortunate enough to have had Herm as a board member at one time or the other. 

Herm was employed by the United Way as the executive director. The United Way board members should not have employed him as Herm's position of City Manager created a conflict of interest. 

Records obtained by Spotlight PA reveal that in 2014, for instance, the United Way gave $30,000 to the city for a “baseball field sign purchase.” In 2016 and 2021, the charity made two additional donations totaling $60,800 to the city for “general support.”

So close was the working relationship that in 2018, the United Way began acting as an “agent for the City of DuBois,” according to financial statements submitted by the charity. Those records said the United Way collected contributions for capital construction and improvements for several baseball fields and related facilities operated by the city.

Spotlight PA found a total of $560,503 in contributions to the city were handled by the United Way from 2018 to 2020 — a period when Suplizio reigned over both entities.

https://www.spotlightpa.org/statecollege/2023/11/dubois-pennsylvania-herm-suplizio-fraud-corruption-attorney-general/

• 3 weeks later...