GoDuBois.com

Arrest of Dubois City Manager John “Herm” Suplizio

block

On 4/2/2023 at 11:42 AM, weirdcritter said:

I was told by a relative of his that it comes from St. Herman, and has to do with a renaming during his communion. Some type of Catholic thing. 

Odd, I was raised Catholic and never heard of St. Herman until just reading this.  I simply used my chosen name for the Confirmation only.   After google provided me with who he was, I dug a little deeper, and let's just say--ever odder now.  

Thanks for the insight--and the chuckle.  

On 4/1/2023 at 1:43 PM, Gator11 said:

I see that Jennifer Jackson aka Jennifer Torell(Jennifer Jackson Torell) is running. 

I am not sure how you spell Torell.

She owns Brady street Florist.

I just saw her facebook video and thought I would share it to you folks at GoDuBois. I do not know her personally other than stopping in a couple times to buy flowers in the past.

Here is her video. I hope she doesn't mind me posting it. About 1:15 in the video is where she announces her write-in campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/BradyStreetFlorist/videos/890604612016118

I truly believe she has the area's best interests at heart.  I hope a few more like-minded people step up to join her.  

On 3/28/2023 at 5:41 PM, BillyC said:

A half an hour ago at the softball field there was Herm and our newest interim acting city manager together. Maybe doing some plotting?

The report by the interim seems to be essentially absolving the previous is cause for concern this early in the game.   

Dated 4/3/23, "Nasuti issues report to DuBois City Council" by wcednews

For the write in vote I saw a couple people who will be running as write in candidates. If you want to vote on them, then you should use the name they used when they called the election office.

Jennifer Jackson who owns Brady Street is running and you should write this in

Also Pat Reasinger is running and that is what you should write in if you want them in office and live DuBois.

And imagine that his hearing has been canceled for April 12th let's see how long this drags out

"

3 hours ago, block said:

And imagine that his hearing has been canceled for April 12th let's see how long this drags out

It's going to cost us taxpayers a lot of money to keep this going. His attorneys are not cheap. Yet there Herm was at the country club last night. Probably visiting with our city attorney. Just has no remorse over this. 

6 hours ago, block said:

"

why??  milk us for a little more?  600,000 not enough....march madness didnt payout for ya herm?

16 hours ago, BillyC said:

It's going to cost us taxpayers a lot of money to keep this going. His attorneys are not cheap. Yet there Herm was at the country club last night. Probably visiting with our city attorney. Just has no remorse over this. 

Is he not allowed to leave his house?  He is not on house arrest.  All americans are innocent until proven guilty.

1 hour ago, L8RG8R said:

Is he not allowed to leave his house?  He is not on house arrest.  All americans are innocent until proven guilty.

you can defend him just as I will put him down....its ok we are allowed...embrace it......is he still being paid?

According to a Facebook post this morning, Jennifer Jackson spoke about the planting of flowers downtown for the City each year.  Last night our fine City Council voted she is not permitted to plant flowers in the parking lot at Luigi's this year.  Things that make ya say hmmmm?

2 minutes ago, block said:

According to a Facebook post this morning, Jennifer Jackson spoke about the planting of flowers downtown for the City each year.  Last night our fine City Council voted she is not permitted to plant flowers in the parking lot at Luigi's this year.  Things that make ya say hmmmm?

That's the way it works in Dubois...and the manipulative, thieving idiot suslezio will walk free, back to "normal" and all hushed up and forgotten. Been happening for years. 

2 hours ago, WMJ77 said:

you can defend him just as I will put him down....its ok we are allowed...embrace it......is he still being paid?

I'm not defending anyone, I'm defending our judicial system.  Individuals that know the law much better than you do are put in the positions for a reason.  Let the process work itself out.  If he's guilty, he deserves to be punished.   If he's innocent, people like you deserve to give him an apology.

6 hours ago, L8RG8R said:

I'm not defending anyone, I'm defending our judicial system.  Individuals that know the law much better than you do are put in the positions for a reason.  Let the process work itself out.  If he's guilty, he deserves to be punished.   If he's innocent, people like you deserve to give him an apology.

Are you serious? For real? And that is why individuals (the state investigators) are put into a position to find the truth no matter what they may find out. Did anyone in this area think that Herm was actually making (and spending) that much money as he was spending LEGALLY?.

Individuals that know the law much better than you do are put in the positions for a reason.

yes,yes they are.....and those people are taking him to court....

did you hear bonuses were paid to city employees and it seems DuBois is one of if not the ONLY city to do that......that is tax payer money GIVEN to elected officials which shouldnt happen

14 hours ago, block said:

There was a good reason that this occurred. Jen was removing plants that were put in by the group that has been taking care of that lot for over 20 years. She was planting pots that belonged to another group.  She was asked to stop doing it, or at least coordinate activities. She acknowledged the request but didn't follow up and continued to do it for 2 years before the city council took action. Just to set the record straight. In fact she made life miserable for all concerned thus the city council stepped in. 

Can't seem to edit this without it duplicating. Nor can I get rid of it!

4 hours ago, WMJ77 said:

Individuals that know the law much better than you do are put in the positions for a reason.

yes,yes they are.....and those people are taking him to court....

did you hear bonuses were paid to city employees and it seems DuBois is one of if not the ONLY city to do that......that is tax payer money GIVEN to elected officials which shouldnt happen

Which elected official received a bonus?  

1 hour ago, lavender said:

There was a good reason that this occurred. Jen was removing plants that were put in by the group that has been taking care of that lot for over 20 years. She was planting pots that belonged to another group.  She was asked to stop doing it, or at least coordinate activities. She acknowledged the request but didn't follow up and continued to do it for 2 years before the city council took action. Just to set the record straight. In fact she made life miserable for all concerned thus the city council stepped in. 

Can't seem to edit this without it duplicating. Nor can I get rid of it!

So they can step in and take care of something as simple as flower planting?  Isn't that sweet of them?  Glad they can uphold their duties. I find it a joke doubt they'd have even helped out if it were someone else creating  the supposed problem.

40 minutes ago, block said:

So they can step in and take care of something as simple as flower planting?  Isn't that sweet of them?  Glad they can uphold their duties. I find it a joke doubt they'd have even helped out if it were someone else creating  the supposed problem.

You may of course believe what you wish but this started 2 years ago before any of this other stuff went down. The situation elevated to the point where it was considered harassment. The emails were very unpleasant and no volunteer group that has served the community for 26 years should be subjected to that sort of treatment. There may be justifiable complaints against the city administration but in this case they put an end to a situation that was untenable and had a group of dedicated volunteers very upset. The Pershing Lot and the library both are city property and the city has the right to decide who tends them. I don't think that many people would be very happy if someone came into their yard and took plants out of their pots and put in what they chose.  The entire fall display on the lot was systematically destroyed this year a couple of weeks after it went up. Despite efforts at establishing a cooperative arrangement with the dear lady the city stepped in as a last resort. Over 20 years of free labor should entitle a group to some respect.  You may not like something but that doesn't give you the right to destroy it. 

Oh, and there is nothing simple about flower planting in the city beds. It is grueling labor often done in hot weather, cold weather and a couple of times when it rained or snowed. Mulch is heavy and some of the large pots have to come in in the winter for snow removal. One person isn't going to be able to take care of it and said person wasn't willing to work with anyone. But believe what you wish. 

4 hours ago, lavender said:

You may of course believe what you wish but this started 2 years ago before any of this other stuff went down. The situation elevated to the point where it was considered harassment. The emails were very unpleasant and no volunteer group that has served the community for 26 years should be subjected to that sort of treatment. There may be justifiable complaints against the city administration but in this case they put an end to a situation that was untenable and had a group of dedicated volunteers very upset. The Pershing Lot and the library both are city property and the city has the right to decide who tends them. I don't think that many people would be very happy if someone came into their yard and took plants out of their pots and put in what they chose.  The entire fall display on the lot was systematically destroyed this year a couple of weeks after it went up. Despite efforts at establishing a cooperative arrangement with the dear lady the city stepped in as a last resort. Over 20 years of free labor should entitle a group to some respect.  You may not like something but that doesn't give you the right to destroy it. 

Oh, and there is nothing simple about flower planting in the city beds. It is grueling labor often done in hot weather, cold weather and a couple of times when it rained or snowed. Mulch is heavy and some of the large pots have to come in in the winter for snow removal. One person isn't going to be able to take care of it and said person wasn't willing to work with anyone. But believe what you wish. 

Well...sounds like said lady should be a good fit with the horse and pony gang up at tha city building then! Lets put her in the game! 🫣🤔

8 hours ago, L8RG8R said:

Which elected official received a bonus?  

Im not sure, heard it on the radio yesterday....said they checked with pa gov officals and said DuBois was the only one and were surprised it was done.....in a "city class size" that DuBois is

it didnt sound like it was just 1 official but I dont know

1 hour ago, WMJ77 said:

Im not sure, heard it on the radio yesterday....said they checked with pa gov officals and said DuBois was the only one and were surprised it was done.....in a "city class size" that DuBois is

it didnt sound like it was just 1 official but I dont know

Herm wasn’t elected so if the council is also getting bonuses it’s going to get real interesting. 

5 hours ago, Tkel said:

Well...sounds like said lady should be a good fit with the horse and pony gang up at tha city building then! Lets put her in the game! 🫣🤔

I'd say go for it just for the laughs but she will make my life miserable. :sarcastic: