GoDuBois.com

Arrest of Dubois City Manager John “Herm” Suplizio

block

24 minutes ago, pennstater said:

Was there a point to the meeting then?  Did they address anything about it?  I would think they woulD address steps to ensure it doesn’t happen again and process changes. 
How do we oust all of em?

Run for city council;
and/or other positions;
and
VOTE THEM OUT!
Its the only way.

51 minutes ago, pennstater said:

Was there a point to the meeting then?  Did they address anything about it?  I would think they woulD address steps to ensure it doesn’t happen again and process changes. 

34 minutes ago, MaitakiHunter said:

Run for city council;
and/or other positions;
and
VOTE THEM OUT!
Its the only way.

Three of them are running unopposed this spring:  Bernardo, Gabriel and Walsh. I guess someone could wage a write in campaign.  

Another point mentioned last night was that it was known for several days that the indictments were coming down so why did the council agree to extend his contract earlier in the week. The charges weren't going to magically go away. That is one of the questions i'll ask at the next council meeting since that should be enough of a "timely" manner for them to have formed an answer.

13 minutes ago, BillyC said:

Another point mentioned last night was that it was known for several days that the indictments were coming down so why did the council agree to extend his contract earlier in the week. The charges weren't going to magically go away. That is one of the questions i'll ask at the next council meeting since that should be enough of a "timely" manner for them to have formed an answer.

On the news this morning it was stated they rescinded his contract extension.  

9 hours ago, MaitakiHunter said:

So where is the $364,990 that wasn't spent?  The list of contributors/contributions versus the expenditures leaves a significant amount unspent.  

*I'm not saying it's right, but some of those people likely felt pressured to donate because of his "clout" in town along with the clout he may have had if he had run a successful campaign and won the seat.  

And...why wasn't he put on administrative leave or terminated when the "raid" happened in April 2022?  He should have been removed from any and all accounts that very day at a minimum.  Casting suspicion on an entire local government should be reason for termination.  One would think he's (they've) had time to move things around, cover it up and be able to access it once ousted.  I don't think he was operating alone.

Time to clean house.  

The Punsxy Spirit paper has the council meeting pretty well nailed from last night. That in itself is a shame that Punxsy has the article from DuBois. So i guess the people that live in St Marys and Brookville need to read the Courier first to get their local news. Why in the world the Courier has nothing in it is beyond me because they had a reporter there last night.

31 minutes ago, BillyC said:

The Punsxy Spirit paper has the council meeting pretty well nailed from last night. That in itself is a shame that Punxsy has the article from DuBois. So i guess the people that live in St Marys and Brookville need to read the Courier first to get their local news. Why in the world the Courier has nothing in it is beyond me because they had a reporter there last night.

Jefferson County neighbors has a great article.

""""I feel like I’m part of the TV show ‘Hogan’s Heroes,’ where Sgt. Schultz says, ‘I know nothing; I see nothing.’ You on council are Sgt. Schultz. """""

https://www.punxsutawneyspirit.com/news/should-there-be-resignations-residents-confront-dubois-council-about-charges-against-city-manager/article_cec8d1c0-cd0a-11ed-97e8-e32c01d15b83.html

On 3/28/2023 at 1:35 PM, redmill said:

Were Sandy Twp. offices visited last week by the Pa. AG`s officials , rumor has they were.??.....i ....!!...any connection to this story ?

The Township secretary took a better job with the DuBois School District as the executive secretary to the Assistant Superintendent. 

22 hours ago, pennstater said:

Was there a point to the meeting then?  Did they address anything about it?  I would think they would address steps to ensure it doesn’t happen again and process changes. 

The state will have a hand in setting up a new council and regulations to make sure this mafia style action isn't allowed to happen again.  Maybe mutual respect will actually become part of our lifestyle.  From the lowliest hidden home in the vale, to the grand mansions who think they are the norm and actually deserve special amenities, maybe they will see what has happened and develop some common sense, respect and compassionate values for all. 

Hern was probably once a normal man long ago before his head got filled with whatever rot caused this situation.  I didn't know him then, but I could see that he cared for the city's best interests till he seemed to worry more about the flashiness of the city and his own ego.  The kids used to be the reason for the sports in the area till the games HAD to be winners, and bigger and bigger!  For gambling? Now kids can't even play unless they have enough money to join and are good enough to be a winner?  What about the kids who have no serious athletic skills and end up walking away from the game, hurt and alone till they meet a bunch of other aggravated kids to hang with?  When do they get to play team sports and improve?

When will the leaders realize that this life is about growing plain old families, and jobs to support them.  A reasonable amount of social fluff is fine as long as the basics are taken care of first.  What about the minds of our children?  What are they supposed to think when what's going on now is what they have to look forward to?  When do they get to grow and dream of a good life of personal success and happiness, not just a life of things.

1 hour ago, Petee said:

The state will have a hand in setting up a new council and regulations to make sure this mafia style action isn't allowed to happen again.  Maybe mutual respect will actually become part of our lifestyle.  From the lowliest hidden home in the vale, to the grand mansions who think they are the norm and actually deserve special amenities, maybe they will see what has happened and develop some common sense, respect and compassionate values for all. 

Hern was probably once a normal man long ago before his head got filled with whatever rot caused this situation.  I didn't know him then, but I could see that he cared for the city's best interests till he seemed to worry more about the flashiness of the city and his own ego.  The kids used to be the reason for the sports in the area till the games HAD to be winners, and bigger and bigger!  For gambling? Now kids can't even play unless they have enough money to join and are good enough to be a winner?  What about the kids who have no serious athletic skills and end up walking away from the game, hurt and alone till they meet a bunch of other aggravated kids to hang with?  When do they get to play team sports and improve?

When will the leaders realize that this life is about growing plain old families, and jobs to support them.  A reasonable amount of social fluff is fine as long as the basics are taken care of first.  What about the minds of our children?  What are they supposed to think when what's going on now is what they have to look forward to?  When do they get to grow and dream of a good life of personal success and happiness, not just a life of things.

Applause!!

16 hours ago, BillyC said:

A half an hour ago at the softball field there was Herm and our newest interim acting city manager together. Maybe doing some plotting?

“As senior rooster ’round here, it’s my duty, and my pleasure, to instruct junior roosters in the ancient art of roostery”

“Now who’s, I say who’s responsible for this unwarranted attack on my person!”

“This is going to cause more confusion than a mouse in a burlesque show”

image.jpeg

18 hours ago, BillyC said:

A half an hour ago at the softball field there was Herm and our newest interim acting city manager together. Maybe doing some plotting?

He is either there on a social visit or it is work related. A social visit at the ball field in the AM in March seems unlikely. Therefore it must be work related which seems inappropriate while on administrative leave. Furthermore, would anyone concerned about their own accountability make themselves so publicly visible? I doubt it.  I dont think he is concerned. Which is concerning.