GoDuBois.com

Arrest of Dubois City Manager John “Herm” Suplizio

block

6 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

The threats are being made against the people who are determine to digs through the City's corruption garbage to find the truth.

IMAGINE THAT!!!!

Tax paying, law abiding citizens, against voted for politicians.  This is how the voted for controls the citizens. Remember this when you do your so-called civic duty. The crooked are relying on you to just do your civic duty without you taking the time to do your obligation to society by practicing due diligence.

39 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

The threats are being made against the people who are determine to digs through the City's corruption garbage to find the truth.

That is starting to become a fact.

Judge

DuBOIS — Senior Judge Charles H. Saylor, of Sunbury, Pa., has been assigned in the case against City of DuBois Manager John “Herm” Suplizio, who is accused of committing more than $620,000 in fraudulent transactions using public accounts associated with the city, the DuBois Area United Way and DuBois Volunteer Fire Department, according to online court records.

Suplizio, 62, who has been placed on paid administrative leave by the city, was charged on March 20 by the Pennsylvania Attorney General’s Office with five third-degree felony counts of theft by unlawful taking, a felony count of restricted activities, eight misdemeanor charges of fraudulent returns and a second-degree misdemeanor of misapplication of entrusted property, according to court documents.

In April, both judges in Clearfield County, President Judge Fredric J. Ammerman and Judge Paul E. Cherry, recused themselves so judicial reassignment from the Administrative Office of PA Courts assigned Saylor.

Saylor, who served as president judge for Northumberland County since 2017, retired from the county seat on Jan. 6, 2023, according to an article published on The News-Item. He had been a judge in the county for 21 years. He was sworn into office Jan. 3, 2022, after winning retention to his third 10-year term. No other judge has served a third term in the history of Northumberland County that dates to 1772.

The next court date for Suplizio has not yet been scheduled, according to online court documents. His bail was set at $100,000 unsecured since charges were filed.

5 minutes ago, jaman said:

The funniest quote of this article is that Judge Paul Cherry had to recuse himself. NO JOKE! Thanks to his sister. His career in most probably is done too. Mom and Dad rolling in the grave.

They're not brother and sister.

54 minutes ago, jaman said:

The funniest quote of this article is that Judge Paul Cherry had to recuse himself. NO JOKE! Thanks to his sister. His career in most probably is done too. Mom and Dad rolling in the grave.

I would think he recused himself because of possible dealings with people in this case, not necessarily Toni.  There's a lot more to this case yet to be discovered.

The original family was Ed, Joe, Grace, John, Louis, Francis and a couple more whose names I can't remember.

Ed was a lawyer (extremely honorable) and served as the City Solicitor.  I think, 4 children, 3 girls, one last boy.  Toni is his daughter.  At least one of her sisters work with her.

Joe was like the head of the family, earning money and making sure the kids all got educations in good jobs.

Grace was a nurse for Dr LJ Cherry a well know General Practitioner and Surgeon in our area.  There was another sister also.

Francis dealt with financial matters.  He even went to homes to do taxes.

John was Judge John Cherry, an extraordinary man and legal entity with a beautiful heart. 

I am proud to have known all of them.  They worked hard and were for the common man, not the high and mighty.  They were all very personable, kind, hard-working and would even come to a barn dance or housewarming if invited.

Most of the grandchildren have soaked into the woodwork of life other than Judge Paul Cherry.  

Toni was raised to be elegant, socially accepted anywhere, well-educated but does not seem to have followed some of the traits of her family.  She seems to be more driven, stressed and private.  When Herm first asked her to become the City Solicitor, she refused (according to the newspaper).  For some reason she finally agreed.  Now she is here, in the news, possibly in a pile of trouble, definitely a mess. 

Just my memories and opinion.

1 hour ago, Petee said:

The original family was Ed, Joe, Grace, John, Louis, Francis and a couple more whose names I can't remember.

Ed was a lawyer (extremely honorable) and served as the City Solicitor.  I think, 4 children, 3 girls, one last boy.  Toni is his daughter.  At least one of her sisters work with her.

Joe was like the head of the family, earning money and making sure the kids all got educations in good jobs.

Grace was a nurse for Dr LJ Cherry a well know General Practitioner and Surgeon in our area.  There was another sister also.

John was Judge John Cherry, an extraordinary man and legal entity with a beautiful heart. 

I am proud to have known all of them.  They worked hard and were for the common man, not the high and mighty.  They were all very personable, kind, hard-working and would even come to a barn dance or housewarming if invited.

Most of the grandchildren have soaked into the woodwork of life other than Judge Paul Cherry.  

Toni was raised to be elegant, socially accepted anywhere, well-educated but does not seem to have followed some of the traits of her family.  She seems to be more driven, stressed and private.  When Herm first asked her to become the City Solicitor, she refused (according to the newspaper).  For some reason she finally agreed.  Now she is here, in the news, possibly in a pile of trouble, definitely a mess. 

Paul is Johns son.

2 hours ago, jaman said:

His cousin and Paul is one of the best judges the county has had.

4 hours ago, L8RG8R said:

They're not brother and sister.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess it's because of the Paul/Paula thing that may have some people confused a smidge.  

Toni has (had?) a reputation for being a ball-buster in divorce proceedings and was why my mother chose her to represent her.  Toni succeeded in dragging out the ugliness much longer than was necessary.  She encouraged my mother to go after things of little to no value in the drama, thus increasing her billable hours.  I believe I was told at one point they were essentially arguing over a step ladder....my mother is afraid of heights, but "she" "wanted" that ladder.  Dad signed the papers to stop the madness.  Ladder included.  He claims he said something along the lines of, for the amount of money I am paying these lawyers, we both could have brand new ladders.  

3 hours ago, disgruntled said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess it's because of the Paul/Paula thing that may have some people confused a smidge.  

Toni has (had?) a reputation for being a ball-buster in divorce proceedings and was why my mother chose her to represent her.  Toni succeeded in dragging out the ugliness much longer than was necessary.  She encouraged my mother to go after things of little to no value in the drama, thus increasing her billable hours.  I believe I was told at one point they were essentially arguing over a step ladder....my mother is afraid of heights, but "she" "wanted" that ladder.  Dad signed the papers to stop the madness.  Ladder included.  He claims he said something along the lines of, for the amount of money I am paying these lawyers, we both could have brand new ladders.  

And you just described how the legal process can work for you or against you. There is no room for common sense or logic in a legal battle. 

Ask yourself why there is so many crooked voted for politicians still being paid with your tax dollars.

Your president and his whole family are a great example.

So if Toni had the legal right to drag it out, she done what she was being paid to do within the law.

Sucks does it not?

Then consider those that has enough money to buy the convoluted law system.

You end up with the Bidens, Trumps, Kennedy's, Slick Willy and his b1tch controlling your life with the approval of the highest politically appointed court in the land.

Sh1t runs down hill.

On 6/1/2023 at 11:58 AM, Petee said:

Yes. I remember when the Cherry name was an honorable name.  I would hope this for  most of them has not changed.  They were good people.

2 hours ago, jaman said:

Thanks for the correction.   But it does put a big shadow on the family

Just to clarify, Judge Paul Cherry's dad John Cherry was Senior Judge in Clfd Cty and Paul's older brother, whose name is John F Cherry, is Judge in Dauphin Cty.

City workers have been reportedly seen at a city officials property doing work she/he " needed " done ..... maybe they paid them i dunno fer sure.....get pics next time if so for source. .. this/these kinda thangz could halt consolidation i spose.

10 minutes ago, redmill said:

City workers have been reportedly seen at a city officials property doing work she/he " needed " done ..... maybe they paid them i dunno fer sure.....get pics next time if so for source. .. this/these kinda thangz could halt consolidation i spose.

bumpin

6 hours ago, redmill said:

which was Rocky ? ....was he a gas station owner one tyme ?

Yes - he was the oldest child of that generation and owned and operated the gas station on South Brady St beside Save A Lot (Highway Oil).

On 5/31/2023 at 5:30 PM, fedup said:

Can you all imagine the great movie that could be made by following all the players in this example of small town politics from their birth til now? The truth that could be exposed would be mind boggling.

I've said this since it all started to unravel.  Would be a great net flix mini series

On 6/4/2023 at 9:21 AM, redmill said:

Other than the property near the reservoir? There is video of that.

• 2 weeks later...