GoDuBois.com

Arrest of Dubois City Manager John “Herm” Suplizio

block

Toni is lying so much now that she's having trouble keeping the lies straight. If you tell the truth (no matter how painful it may be) your stories will always line up.

Also. People may somewhat forgive you for being honest but they sure won't for lying. 

5 hours ago, buschpounder said:

Tony either lying or is incompetent. Sounds like Gabriel Is only council member who should stay.   

Can't really think she is incompetent. Just in way over her head now and can't keep covering everything up. She done it to herself. 

My question about the whole $270,000 is that just the retainer fee or is it for work that the law firm has already done.

I know that a law firm that specializes in civil law charges somewhere in the $300 per hour range for the lawyers time. What does a good criminal lawyer charge per hour?

17 hours ago, des said:

Maybe I missed something.how is the city going to justify paying the bill with taxpayers money. If it was me I’d be in jail. Is it written in his contract. 

All normal tax paying citizens would go to jail for anything a polly walks free on. 

On 5/2/2023 at 3:57 AM, BillyC said:

Toni is lying so much now that she's having trouble keeping the lies straight. If you tell the truth (no matter how painful it may be) your stories will always line up.

City attorney is obligated to see the stolen money thief ( if guilty, )  is prosecuted to full extent , in her lawful duties....regardless of friendship or partner in some business......not supplying him with city money for defense......city coffers , not slush fund as she stated in the CE....

9 minutes ago, redmill said:

City attorney is obligated to see the stolen money thief ( if guilty, )  is prosecuted to full extent , in her lawful duties....regardless of friendship or partner in some business......not supplying him with city money for defense......city coffers , not slush fund as she stated in the CE....

Should be a interesting Council work session on Thursday.

Mayor should conduct meetings in the interest of all city residents ( in his own lingo " wether he likes it or not ") , is he still club mgr of Sandy club ?..he was or is  correct ??? we shall see this thurs. at meeting.

26 minutes ago, redmill said:

Mayor should conduct meetings in the interest of all city residents ( in his own lingo " wether he likes it or not ") , is he still club mgr of Sandy club ?..he was or is  correct ??? we shall see this thurs. at meeting.

In light of the charges, and possible involvement of city officials and government officials, is the money going out all for actual legal work, or will there be kick-backs?  How would anyone know?

8 minutes ago, Petee said:

In light of the charges, and possible involvement of city officials and government officials, is the money going out all for actual legal work, or will there be kick-backs?  How would anyone know?

someone weak will spill the beans.....

1 hour ago, Keyser Soze said:

Should be a interesting Council work session on Thursday.

It gives them a chance to work on what Toni will allow them to discuss. However , Shannon Gabriel is starting to step up to the plate and giving us some honest answers.

21 minutes ago, redmill said:

Does the firm that city hired to Lobby , secure grant money and or help sell used FD equipment or buy new devices for city or PD or VFD ??? what is their role as Lobbyists ???....commoners would like to know this........

Yes. And how does the $100,000 per year in lieu of taxes from penn highlands dubois to buy fire dept equipment fit in?

10 minutes ago, gc said:

Yes. And how does the $100,000 per year in lieu of taxes from penn highlands dubois to buy fire dept equipment fit in?

Ask the VFD equipment sellers and buyers how they`ve been doing ?? ..if you know any of them. CURIOUS NOW..

On 5/2/2023 at 2:07 PM, BigT said:

My question about the whole $270,000 is that just the retainer fee or is it for work that the law firm has already done.

I know that a law firm that specializes in civil law charges somewhere in the $300 per hour range for the lawyers time. What does a good criminal lawyer charge per hour?

Just think, that's a years salary on just ONE case. And nothing has bee filed or done.

On 5/2/2023 at 7:58 AM, redmill said:

shanin is playin possum to get back onboard sez the wise owl,,,,,, she may snitch on a few too.

A family member is a lawyer who has done work for the city on the consolidation.  

Cherry said the money to pay the legal fees came from “what we have always called a ‘community fund’ from (donations) by Waste Management to be used as we see fit.”

really ?   as YOU see fit.....get off your high horse !!

48 minutes ago, WMJ77 said:

Cherry said the money to pay the legal fees came from “what we have always called a ‘community fund’ from (donations) by Waste Management to be used as we see fit.”

really ?   as YOU see fit.....get off your high horse !!

Just a thought, if Waste Management has that kind of money, why couldn't they lower their rates to all their current citizen customers?

I wait, they would have to please a large group of people with their ability to do a good job.

Why suffer all that to make money when all you need to do is satisfy a few people.

Welcome to your voted for government. It allows it, it promotes it and it readily accepts it 

How is your paycheck working out for you today?

4 hours ago, fedup said:

Just a thought, if Waste Management has that kind of money, why couldn't they lower their rates to all their current citizen customers?

I wait, they would have to please a large group of people with their ability to do a good job.

Why suffer all that to make money when all you need to do is satisfy a few people.

Welcome to your voted for government. It allows it, it promotes it and it readily accepts it 

How is your paycheck working out for you today?

Waste Management's payments to Sandy Township benefits all the taxpayers since it is part of the yearly budget. Not sure  who in DuBois City first decided to use the money as a unaudited piggy bank.